Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a RHD 1994 Def 90 and am looking for an auxiliary fule tank. Found some things on line but would appreciate any info from someone who has actually put one in there Defender.

·
Super Moderator
13,419 Posts
Do a search. This was covered recently is fairly good detail. There are a few options depending on your level of fabrication desire.

·
Registered
250 Posts
For the pain and effort you are going to go through to properly mount and execute a secondary tank you are probably better off getting a Jerry Can holder. Unless you are taking it on Safari...

·
Super Moderator
13,419 Posts
For the pain and effort you are going to go through to properly mount and execute a secondary tank you are probably better off getting a Jerry Can holder. Unless you are taking it on Safari...
That is a fairly blanket statement that I guess is based on your personal experience. You need to understand that not everyone sees the same usage as you. I suspect that is the reason Richrod is asking.

Even smaller trips where I live make having a second tank extremely helpful. Carrying 3 jerry cans in a 90 is not a great replacement. It is no more pain and effort than any other typical modification for long distance travel.

Reactions: blaster11

·
Premium Member
5,949 Posts
That is a fairly blanket statement that I guess is based on your personal experience. You need to understand that not everyone sees the same usage as you. I suspect that is the reason Richrod is asking.

Even smaller trips where I live make having a second tank extremely helpful. Carrying 3 jerry cans in a 90 is not a great replacement. It is no more pain and effort than any other typical modification for long distance travel.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Jeep tank in rear, cj5. goes in from the bottom. only need to weld in 2 tabs and a 1" square tube across the frame and mount it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts