Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
LR D90 TD5
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I am an avid car/LR enthusiast, but a new Defender owner. I purchased a 00 ROW TD5 and am now beginning the journey of modifications.
I definitely will be running auxiliary lighting and accessories and will require some sort of a aesthetically pleasing way to control the lights, etc.
I have some "wrenching' abilities, but electronics/wiring is not one of them. I have wired single lights in the past, but would like something that controls everything.

IDEALLY, I want something that is already available, for the defender, "plug and play" so to speak that looks nice and fits well.
Otherwise, I will be looking at something like this :6-Gang Toggle Switch Panel Box Controller for Truck JEEP Offroad Boat RV 12V-24V | eBay

Anyone know of a supplier (worldwide) that sells what I need?

Thank you.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I use these exclusively on all of my trucks. never had an issue with them. for 200 usd they work very well.

·
Registered
LR D90 TD5
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ended up putting in a hefty order through MUD.
Will post updates when they arrive.
TY All

·
Premium Member
10,887 Posts
First lighting upgrade you can do is add a relay to the headlight wiring harness.

the headlight stalk burns out after a few years if you don’t.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Lucky for me, I didn't know about the all-in-one switch panels last year, when I had the same questions. ...they look damn sexy in green, but where would it fit? Even more lucky for you, though, if you haven't owned it long enough to consider cutting into your own forehead before the middle of its dash, I urge you to go nuts. MUD is an excellent choice for an initial hefty order, and the sheet of switch labels is good for inspiration. I don't know if the demisting upgrades actually work, but if you can find a reason to pull more dash panels, for any reason, it can make a big difference to shoot them all black before reinstalling. Here's how mine turned out with mostly MUD stuff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts