Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,484 Posts
I'm into the home brewing as well. When I get the basement finishing going on I will build in a proper station. Right now I just brew in the garage on a sweet propane burner. Been doing all grain and kegs for about 6 years now.

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
I homebrew beer. Have a oatmeal chocolate stout and a red rye ipa on tap right now. Have a Belgian strong golden and a amber both in secondary right now.

·
Premium Member
1,218 Posts
I brew mostly IPAs. Production increased after I built a two tap system for the kitchen.

·
Premium Member
9,923 Posts
Does this count?
Hell yeah it does... too bad we are not closer like next door. we could build a pipeline and I can tell from the picture that you are more than capable of doing it.

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
I love electric and brew year round in the basement

I brew on a single tier all electric HERMS( heat exchanger recirculating mash) in the basement. The "beer machine" is operated by two Auber process controllers, March pumps, and 40amp 240v power. I use a 600cfm duct fan as a portable hood to vent outddoors. I boil 14 gallons and evap about 3 gallons during each boil. Fermentation is done under pressure in a beer keg with a pressure release valve in a converted upright freezer. My driveway is always open for Land rovers and the taps are always pouring.

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
Tom...bring some in September!

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Nice! The beer machine is warming up now for a cherry saison with New Zealand hops which I will happily start fermenting today.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts