Defender Source Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
NAS 90SW
8,072 Posts
I’ve had my 90 for almost 20 years and it’s been a daily driver from the very beginning. I don’t use the AC very often, but there is a day or two each summer when it’s nice to have. She’s got just under 200k miles and I’m irresponsibly accountable for 170k of them. Do what floats your boat, but by no means wait to enjoy where these things can take you and the good company you’ll likely be with.

On the way back to Silverton from Ouray on the Alpine Loop, summer ‘22

· Premium Member
NAS 90SW
8,072 Posts
Is it the original 3.9 gas motor with that many miles or is it a diesel? Impressive. I just can't seem to get this intermittent bucking fixed on mine. Have you taken it on long trips? I get nervous going out of my zip code . Lol
This is a 97, which came with the 4.0L GEMS. She’s even running on all her original gaskets and seals. I take it everywhere, but for the Colorado trip I put it on a flatbed. I didn’t have the time to drive out and back, plus spend two weeks in CO. The key to these things, IMO, is drive them often and keep it filled with clean fluids. I’ve never used the high end fluids, just the basic stuff that is hopefully on sale at Autozone.

· Premium Member
NAS 90SW
8,072 Posts
If you live in Virginia did you trailer the Land Rover Defender 90 there? If you drove a D-90 from Virginia to Colorado you got guts or youre a Land Rover tech. I took mine to the beach once and was a nervous wreck. Lol Would love to see more pictures!
I chose to flatbed it out and back so I could spend more time in CO. I’ve done that trip before a few times and that’s enough. The 90 would have done fine but I would’ve been pretty tired on both ends.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts