Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every six months - same ask.. Anyone have a nice unscratched Arles hood? I grow more and more weary of mine with the huge pentagram carved into the center. Please. Someone has one in their hoard. I know it.

·
Premium Member
11,911 Posts
I'm sure I've asked this before but short of someone giving you a hood for free how is replacing yours anymore economical than just re painting yours?

·
Premium Member
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You have, and it's a good point. The rest of the truck has this great patina and I'd like to get one with something comparable.. This current hood is bent in two places and has 5-6 ugly gouges. Unsure if it can be revived.

If I don't find something by, say, December, I'll likely get a used replacement w/higher quality and go the painting route.

·
Premium Member
5,885 Posts
You have, and it's a good point. The rest of the truck has this great patina and I'd like to get one with something comparable.. This current hood is bent in two places and has 5-6 ugly gouges. Unsure if it can be revived. If I don't find something by, say, December, I'll likely get a used replacement w/higher quality and go the painting route.
Tyler

I am considering a Puma bonnet on mine, leaving a like new black available, if that is something you would consider, let's talk at HH

Gustavo

·
Premium Member
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tyler

I am considering a Puma bonnet on mine, leaving a like new black available, if that is something you would consider, let's talk at HH

Gustavo
I'm not Tyler (he used to live about 50 yards from my house, though), and yeah, I'm interested.. When's the next happy hour? Thanks Gustavo

·
Premium Member
5,885 Posts
I'm not Tyler (he used to live about 50 yards from my house, though), and yeah, I'm interested.. When's the next happy hour? Thanks Gustavo
LMAO

Seve , so sorry man

I was texting Tyler ( not flipped over ) a friend and my Italian sausages can't handle 2 apps at once

HH is this Thursday

Gustavo

·
Premium Member
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ha, no worries, and I just realized that I can't make HH this Thursday (baseball game). I'll PM you and/or we can catch up at the next HH. Thanks

·
Premium Member
11,911 Posts
You have, and it's a good point. The rest of the truck has this great patina and I'd like to get one with something comparable.. This current hood is bent in two places and has 5-6 ugly gouges. Unsure if it can be revived.

If I don't find something by, say, December, I'll likely get a used replacement w/higher quality and go the painting route.
Bends are a different story. Makes more sense.

·
Premium Member
5,885 Posts
ha, no worries, and I just realized that I can't make HH this Thursday (baseball game). I'll PM you and/or we can catch up at the next HH. Thanks

No worries, I have not ordered the other bonnet yet, so take your time :grin

1 - 10 of 10 Posts