Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
[Edited to add: as noted down-thread, I did hear from Chris who, as the sole maker of NAS 90 soft-tops in the US at the moment, is buried with work. All is well with him, and Badger Coachworks.]

Anyone know if Chris Laws at Badger is around / ok? Haven't been able to reach him via e-mail or telephone for the past few weeks.

Back in November 2019 I placed an order for a replacement top for my D-90. At that time projected completion was early-July-2020. A call with Chris earlier this year suggested late-July. Calls/e-mails for the past month have gone unanswered. I realize he typically spends most of his time working, not answering phones / e-mails, but in this world of COVID....

·
Premium Member
1997 NAS ST
846 Posts
I spoke to him in mid July and placed a new order then. He was his usual self then but I havent had any contact since then.

·
Premium Member
1997 NAS ST
846 Posts
I spoke too soon. He has gone dark on me and not returning email/calls. Anyone heard from him recently?

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Any luck, Toona ? I haven't heard a peep since his last e-mail of Jun-3-2020 despite sending him a couple of e-mails and leaving a few voice-mails in August (his last e-mail said he'd do his best for delivery sometime in July).

I see he's been on Facebook within the last few days posting about surrey tops he's made, so he's obviously been working, evidently just not on my top...

·
Premium Member
1997 NAS ST
846 Posts
I connected with him by phone late last week. I would just stay persistent.

·
Registered
54 Posts
It’s worth the wait for the quality that you get. Be prepared to wait though- 6-8 months is not uncommon.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Understood - at ten months right now. Since Atlantic British’s top maker quit, Chris is the only one out there making NAS tops.

·
Premium Member
10,745 Posts
It's tough when you are a one man band plus dog. One of the best things he's done this year is install the air conditioner he bought last year, his mezzanine work space would heat up like an oven.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts