Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a canvas full hood for a ROW 90, tried to order and payment didn't work. I emailed them with no response. Is this website legitimate. Btw, if anyone has a full hood for a ROW 90 (prefer side windows) please let me know what you have. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
10,771 Posts
Legit. They like Paddocks contact you about shipping before finalizing order.
Feel free to contact them with your order number and ask

·
Premium Member
1,347 Posts
I have a new full soft top, I think from a 2014 Defender or so. PM me when you are interested

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Johan, will it fit the hoop set on a 1988 ROW 90?

------ Follow up post added June 29th, 2015 01:37 PM ------

LOL, welcome to British "customer service".
I am aware customer service is Europe in no way compares to North America but Britain has usually been comparable to the US for general business culture. Maybe I have been fooled by how polite the British are when you do business with them, but yes after sales service or customer service isn't the same as North America. I once bought a Series rover from a licensed car dealer in the UK who took my money and shipped the car, never sent any documents. When I called him, he told me I was bothering him as he was 'on holiday'. This guy was extremely nice when I went to see the rover in the first place. I eventually got a court order from my local courthouse to get a title because the bastard simply ignored me.

·
Super Moderator
13,008 Posts
They are polite. It is just that, in general, Land Rover parts businesses are run by people that are a little behind the times, just like the vehicles...

·
Premium Member
5,983 Posts
Email response has been good for me, comparable to most american companies.

In my opinion, instant gratification is not the norm for most businesses in the US. Why we should be exacting the standard towards some small parts stocking business in the UK run by a few blokes is a little confusing to me.

The advantage of craddocks is that they carry stuff that none of the US vendors would even dare to stock. For example Craddocks had all sorts of obscure parts for rebuilding my LT77: shift forks, shaft keys, gears, etc. Prices are low as well.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I have several times, reach out to Jonathan Craddock, that's his son. He handles the U.S. Purchases. I usually submit an order, the the next day or so he sends an invoice linked to a Sage pay sight. They ship quickly...

·
Premium Member
1,216 Posts
Didn't want to start a new thread, my question is:
Do I have to pay for the items before they will send me a shipping quote to pay separately?
I'm on the website and its asking me to proceed to payment for the items but I haven't received a shipping quote yet. Can I just exit out, wait for the shipping quote, and pay for everything at once?

·
Premium Member
13,802 Posts
Didn't want to start a new thread, my question is:
Do I have to pay for the items before they will send me a shipping quote to pay separately?
I'm on the website and its asking me to proceed to payment for the items but I haven't received a shipping quote yet. Can I just exit out, wait for the shipping quote, and pay for everything at once?
they will email you the shipping quote and ask if you wish to proceed

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
You might want to try Undercovers in the UK (Undercover Covers). They do some really cool custom work and they are doing the hoods for the Series One restorations that the factory is doing (via Tom Pickford). Worth a look.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts