Defender Source Forum banner

221 - 240 of 321 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #221
I'm supposed to pick up the rear guards tomorrow afternoon and drop them off at the anodizer. I will let you know when that happens. Sorry for the wait. The laser cutter error added an extra week on an already late delivery.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #222 (Edited)
I went to pick up the rear guards and they weren't ready. One more trimming process necessary before hey go to anodizer. The rear right guards needs trimming to avoid interference with the tab from the rear cross member. Its a 40min drive each way every time I go to the fabricator so I'm as bummed as you about these delays.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,563 Posts
I'm sure there is more to it then I know...but I know another guy thats not happy about their "Made in USA" product even though it's more costly to make. I'm sure everyone that ordered these can't wait until they are done!

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #224
NW Overland Rally

I will be attending the NW Overland Rally next weekend and I will be taking a few grills and guards with me. If anyone needs anything else (battery connectors, etc) I can bring it up.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #225
The final quantity of rear guards were transported from the fabricator to the anodizer yesterday. The anodizer is 8 days out so we're looking at a potential ship date of July 1st if they deliver on that promise. I had an extra set made of the rear guards so there is now one more available for purchase. Here is the remaining inventory update:

Quantities still available:
Small Guard set: $240/set* - 12 sets left - Final Quantity.
Rear Guard set: $280/set* - 1 set left - Final Quantity
OEM Grill: $440/each* - 9 units left - Final Quantity.
*after the 20% D-Source Discount has been applied.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #227
Updated Quantities

Quantities still available:
Small Guard set: $240/set* - 11 sets left - Final Quantity.
Rear Guard set: $280/set* - SOLD OUT - Final Quantity
OEM Grill: $440/each*- 8 units left - Final Quantity.
*after the 20% D-Source Discount has been applied.

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
The final quantity of rear guards were transported from the fabricator to the anodizer yesterday. The anodizer is 8 days out so we're looking at a potential ship date of July 1st if they deliver on that promise.
Any update on shipping out the rear guards? Thanks

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #229
Yep. They were supposed to be done on June 1st. Then I asked to pick them up yesterday... still not done. I am heading over tonight after work. If I get them today I will pack them up tonight and have them shipped out by EOD tomorrow.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #230
I kicked in the door and pulled the guards off the rack last night ;)

Give me tonight to get them boxed up and ready to ship.

They should go out tomorrow and you'll get a tracking sent to you.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #231
Gents. The last order of guards are ready to be dropped off at Fedex tomorrow morning. You should receive a shipping notice at that time if you haven't already. Thanks for you patience!

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #232
Here are some photos of the Tiktaalik grill installed on a D90, flawlessly restored by Defenders Northwest. Even the Land Rover badge fits! Only 6 left in stock and there are no current plans to make more.

Attachments

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #234
No future plans for the rear guards. In fact I have no current plans to make more of any of the products right now. I most likely will make something at some point but I can't for sure tell when that will happen because I have so many other things on my plate that takes priority. I still very much would like to get the aluminum headlight surrounds into production as well as my mesh heritage grill design but for now I have to hit the pause button until further notice.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
BUMP, for some great products. Note: there is now one less grill and headlight surround sets :)

Get them now before they are gone!!

·
Premium Member
3,251 Posts
Thank you!

I just got a low stock notification.

5 grills left.

Shipping out tomorrow morning.

221 - 240 of 321 Posts