Defender Source Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,278 Posts
The right rear corner finisher on my truck is rusty and the part is NLA so I decided to replace it with the 95+ version and convert my tail lights to the round version. So I got the other side as well and also the rear tub panels that have the cutouts for the lights so there would be no guessing on where to make the cutouts for them. The right side panel has cutouts for 3 lights, but isn't it suppose to have only 2? It's a genuine part from Land Rover, part number STC2791. I got the part number from the NAS parts catalogue, so I would assume it's correct. I suppose I'll put an extra back-up light in it as long as it doesn't interfere with the spare wheel carrier. The front bumper on my truck now isn't in the best shape and the previous owner welded it to the chassis and to the brush guard so I decided to get a new bumper so I can just cut the old bumper off. That why I hadn't taken it off when I pulled the old engine out. Instead of spending a ridiculous amount on a new 93/94 bumper I got the regular version (galvanized). So I'm going to convert the front turn signals to the 95+ units as well. I got the end caps for the bumper too, which I think gives it a nice look.
Andrew,

Rather than converting the front indicator to a '95-'97 NAS bezel, you might want to consider doing the ECR turn signal conversion for a '93-'94 NAS. You simply substitute a 1970's Series III rear brake lamp in place of the lower front marker lamp and then swap out the red lense for an amber lense. The resistance is the same as the turn signal and it will blink just the same without having to take a hole saw to the front of your 90. I did the same on my brother Matt's '94 NAS 90 when I rebuilt it (see thread entitled "#646 prep for paint"). Just a thought, but no worries if you are already committed! :)

P.S.- in thinking about it, you may also want to look at the solution I came up with for converting the rear to NAS round lamps as well. It's also in the same thread re: #646.

·
Premium Member
1,278 Posts
It's okay. I'll just stick with what I'm doing. I think it'll turn out nice. :) Based on my VIN my truck doesn't have the rear tubes that would get in the way of the tail lights.
10-4 sir! I can certainly appreciate your attention to detail! :nerd

Thanks for continuing to share your project with us and keep up the good work! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
1,278 Posts
Looks great Andrew! Keep the pics coming! :thumb:

P.S.- A point of personal preference (so take it for what you will), but I would have asked for the white letters to be mounted in rather than out on those Michelins. To each his own though! They'll still get the job done! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts