Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
A comment as uniformed as the person behind it.
Really, a moderator has already posted that "vintagepatina" is a known alt handle of an employee of one of the shops that service this community & you are known by everyone here to be a key employee of Rovers North...and now your profile displays the same hijacked personal info that "vintagepatina"s profile displays. That's just a coincidence? OK, if you say so.

Just be aware that "vintagepatina" was a Willh/Will Hedrick-trolling handle b4 it became a cowboy-trolling handle. Knock yourself out...

·
Registered
5,813 Posts
I'm sure a moderator could easily look up mine, and vintage's IP address and assure you & your tin foil hat that we are likely in completely different states.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Really, a moderator has already posted that "vintagepatina" is a known alt handle of an employee of one of the shops that service this community & you are known by everyone here to be a key employee of Rovers North...and now your profile displays the same hijacked personal info that "vintagepatina"s profile displays. That's just a coincidence? OK, if you say so.

Just be aware that "vintagepatina" was a Willh/Will Hedrick-trolling handle b4 it became a cowboy-trolling handle. Knock yourself out...
I remember my first rodeo.

Sounds like this cowboy is feeling a little broke back mountain today

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I'm sure a moderator could easily look up mine, and vintage's IP address and assure you & your tin foil hat that we are likely in completely different states.
Oh yeah, bc there's no way at all for a troll determined to hide his id from his employer - the mod's assertion not mine - to manipulate the ip that his connection displays...

------ Follow up post added June 5th, 2018 07:10 AM ------

Of course, the mods could fix this by doing what they are supposed to do with alt handles: ban the alt account & merge the "vintagepatina" posts with the posts in the guy's real account...

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Oh yeah, bc there's no way at all for a troll determined to hide his id from his employer - the mod's assertion not mine - to manipulate the ip that he displays...
Oh yeah, conspiracy theories about the manipulation of IP addresses on an enthusiast forum.

Did a Dsource member make you cry or something? Maybe mosey your way over to another forum if your dick holster is tired.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
You are very naive. Alt handle guys do alt handle guy things. That's why they are normally merged & banned once they are found out by mods.
I might be naive, or employed, I will leave that open to interpretation.

One thing I don't do is whinge about site moderation; I guess you're a sad rodeo clown. If you feel the need to complain about 'rules and regulations' then maybe you should come up out of your mother's basement and tell her all about it.

The rest of us are here to answer questions, acquire items, and generally build a knowledge-base to help others wade the murky waters of Lucas electronics and the oxymoron known as British engineering.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I might be naive, or employed, I will leave that open to interpretation.

One thing I don't do is whinge about site moderation; I guess you're a sad rodeo clown. If you feel the need to complain about 'rules and regulations' then maybe you should come up out of your mother's basement and tell her all about it.

The rest of us are here to answer questions, acquire items, and generally build a knowledge-base to help others wade the murky waters of Lucas electronics and the oxymoron known as British engineering.
Nice try, but I came into this thread doing exactly what has always been done here - welcome the new member & attempt to answer questions. Troll me here or anywhere & I will push back. I've always thought that the mods here do a good job.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Nice try, but I came into this thread doing exactly what has always been done here - welcome the new member & attempt to answer questions. Troll me here or anywhere & I will push back. I've always thought that the mods here do a good job.
There's a pot and a kettle analogy if I have ever seen one.

·
Premium Member
11,801 Posts
Oh yeah, bc there's no way at all for a troll determined to hide his id from his employer - the mod's assertion not mine - to manipulate the ip that his connection displays...

------ Follow up post added June 5th, 2018 07:10 AM ------

Of course, the mods could fix this by doing what they are supposed to do with alt handles: ban the alt account & merge the "vintagepatina" posts with the posts in the guy's real account...
Here is an actual photo of me, vintage patina, and Zack last week.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,801 Posts
Just signed in for the first time. Looking for a SIII or IIa. I live in San Francisco Bay (Napa Valley) area. Any one know of a good place to look for Series LR’s? Thanks! Scott

If you really want a good truck, save yourself the headache and go to Ike at Pangolin. He will hook you up with a great vehicle regardless of your budget.

Unless you are looking for a project, in that case you can have Cowboy source you a Santanna via via craigslist Madrid.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Unless you are looking for a project, in that case you can have Cowboy source you a Santanna via via craigslist Madrid.
A good example of why I suggested that the o.p. run it all by the local indie LR mechanic. And it's spelled S-a-n-t-a-n-a, Mr. Dumas...

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&ei=qCUXW8THNISKtQXc7YfQDw&q=mr.+dumas+commercial&oq=mr.+dumas&gs_l=psy-ab.1.0.0l2j0i22i30k1j0i22i10i30k1j0i22i30k1l6.1803.6026.0.12894.9.9.0.0.0.0.106.760.8j1.9.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..0.9.758...0i131k1.0.VL65R9VMmwg

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Who said anything about the same person? Not me. I only implied that it was the same shop. No worries - I'm confident that the vintagepatina account will eventually either be merged and the real deal will come out that way OR Willh & I will be simply be informed as to who it is and/or what shop it is that we need to avoid via pm or something. No way they leave us hanging after what they have already put out there about him.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts