Defender Source Forum banner

41 - 60 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
do the header tanks fit in the NAS location and use the same mounts? does it come with a pressure relief cap, or does the existing cap fit?

·
Premium Member
6,563 Posts
Just sent. You a message.

------ Follow up post added April 1st, 2015 08:51 AM ------

I think so bill. What does a RRC one look like? Take a pic and send it to me
I will...running behind in/on my things to do list...I never received your message.

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
do the header tanks fit in the NAS location and use the same mounts? does it come with a pressure relief cap, or does the existing cap fit?
If it's the metal oval tank that mounts to the wheel well. It will now mount to the lip of the wing. The holes are already in the wing actually. There is a small metal strap that is needed for the inside support of the tank. RN sells them or I can get for you.
Cap Is the newer style screw one stock rover cap It does not come with a cap.

image-1034447644.jpg

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
I have sold them but not installed yet. I am finding out for you. I believe that the top cover that you remove to install it needs to be filed or trimmed a little to fit the top of the matrix snug since the top has a slight different shape.
Were you able to confirm that trimming is required, I hate to cut the genuine box unless these are far superior.

·
Premium Member
6,561 Posts
If it's the metal oval tank that mounts to the wheel well. It will now mount to the lip of the wing. The holes are already in the wing actually. There is a small metal strap that is needed for the inside support of the tank. RN sells them or I can get for you.
Cap Is the newer style screw one stock rover cap It does not come with a cap.

View attachment 117593
Randy, very interested in getting a header tank. What I'd love to see if Allisport add a site glass to the side of it so I can see the level of the fluid without opening the system, if you can pass that on. I'm going to look into having that done.

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Randy, very interested in getting a header tank. What I'd love to see if Allisport add a site glass to the side of it so I can see the level of the fluid without opening the system, if you can pass that on. I'm going to look into having that done.
Actually I believe they now are making ones with site glass.
Shoot me an email

Randy

[email protected].

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
I need an expansion tank that will work on an '85 Ninety V8 RHD.

Can you supply me with one?

·
Premium Member
6,561 Posts
Randy, do you stock the high efficiency drop in radiators for 300 tdi? I might need to order a new radiator and considering allisport to genuine if so.

·
Premium Member
6,561 Posts
Just sold last one but can order you one no prob. Shoot me a pm. Much better than stock.
Randy, btw, what's the warranty period, and how warranty issues are managed on purchases through you for Allisport products? I'm going with understanding that allisport tdi products are "equal to or better than oem quality".

I looked at the Allisport site for details and couldn't find any mention anywhere on warranty.

Reliability is critical to me so buying parts once within an expected part life span is important to me.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Mark,
Randy supplied me with the double core standard location intercooler,radiator and the aluminum radiator mount. This combo fits perfectly and is a very nice upgrade as compared to the factory parts. I think you would be pleased with the product. Bill

41 - 60 of 129 Posts