Defender Source Forum banner

Air Conditioner , Tachometer & windshield wipers Dead - Fuses?

700 views 19 replies 5 participants last post by  sad_story 
#1 ·
I have a 1995 NAS D90.

My Tacho, and my AirCon both went dead. I don't know if they went out at the same time or not. I have checked all the fuses inside the cab.

Is there another fuse box related to these that I do not know about? Could it be a relay issue (if so which are they and how are they tested?)

Any advice or additional help or resources?

Thanks

#2 ·
Don't remember if the 95 did, but if you still have the round glass fuses test each side with a rest light and fix the connections if they are not providing continuity.

#5 ·
My Aussie 110 has the AC fuses in the battery box. [emoji2371]
Thank - as far as I know there are two fuse boxes the one in the cab that has almost all of the fuses and the one in the engine compartment that has the 3 larger 55/60amp fuses…

So I double checked all the fuses and nothing seems to help… According the the label on the inside of my diesel cover fuse #5 should be the tac, however it’s also supposed to be the turn signal and that IS working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#7 · (Edited)
I think 5 is your gas gauge—looks that way from wiring diagram. Don’t think tach is fused, at least not on diagram. Check white/Black wire coming off coil. That I believe is tach signal. At least on NAS ‘94. Don’t think it’s related to air con. I’ll dig a little in the wiring diagram

#9 ·
I think 5 is your gas gauge—looks that way from wiring diagram. Don’t think tach is fused, at least not on diagram. Check white/Black wire coming off coil. That I believe is tach signal. At least on NAS ‘94. Don’t think it’s related to air con. I’ll dig a little in the wiring diagram
Yes - I totally forgot to write in my initial post that the Wipers were dead too.

I’ll check the alternator wire this weekend - thanks

#15 ·
All of the gauges have a ground that go into a connector. Check there. Some of the grounds go into the firewall and are connected to a ring terminal in the center top of the bulkhead inside of the engine compartment. I inserted new Ground wires to a better ground and ground at the body in a better fashion to the chassis and the battery. The grounding on these things is terrible. Check all of that, there is a link in the last few posts of new posts about PDF manuals. Look in there for the electrical diagram

#16 ·
All of the gauges have a ground that go into a connector. Check there.
Will do, how do I access the gauges? Are there any instructions on that?

Some of the grounds go into the firewall and are connected to a ring terminal in the center top of the bulkhead inside of the engine compartment.
Any chance someone has a photo of where that is, what that looks like?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.