Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1992 Land Rover Defender 90
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What companies do you use for those folks with Agreed Value insurance? I used to have 60' Caddy which I insured under JC Taylor, which were great. but have a ton of restrictions such as no driving to work, or running errands. It was fine for my Caddy, but I want to use my Defender more frequently. Traditional insurance wont work since I need an agreed value plan to ensure I have the proper amount of value covered.

·
Registered
88' 110
614 Posts
Try NCM Insurance. They’ll let you establish your annual mileage and value, but not sure where their mileage limit is.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have Taylor on my Alfa which is on the other side of the country from me; the mileage restrictions aren't a problem. For my 110, I have an agreed value policy with Chubb, with whom I also have other insurance. No mileage restrictions on that policy.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
I have Hagerty. They insure cars as collector cars, which means every driver in the household needs to have another car as their daily driver. It has to be kept in a locked garage and no off-roading, but that's about it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I recently insured a vehicle with Safeco. It's a subsidiary of Liberty Mutual. There are two types of insurance. Agreed value collector car which have all kinds of restrictions and then daily driver, which is your normal insurance. After calling and getting quotes from a dozen companies, Safeco is the only one I found that does Agreed value daily driver insurance. I'm insured for $40K agreed value unlimited use for under $600 a year on one of my vehicles and its full coverage with uninsured motorist just like my other vehicles. Read the fine print on the collector car insurances for a couple hundred dollars a year. You can only drive so many miles, only to certain functions, no driving to work or grocery or even the parts store, etc.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I recently insured a vehicle with Safeco. It's a subsidiary of Liberty Mutual. There are two types of insurance. Agreed value collector car which have all kinds of restrictions and then daily driver, which is your normal insurance. After calling and getting quotes from a dozen companies, Safeco is the only one I found that does Agreed value daily driver insurance. I'm insured for $40K agreed value unlimited use for under $600 a year on one of my vehicles and its full coverage with uninsured motorist just like my other vehicles. Read the fine print on the collector car insurances for a couple hundred dollars a year. You can only drive so many miles, only to certain functions, no driving to work or grocery or even the parts store, etc.
You got a $600/year plan under safeco? I got a 60K agreed value quote and it was like 1600/year. It was attractive to be because it didn’t have the restrictions but was so much. Leland is we’re I am leaning since they have the occasional option.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yep. Nothing on my record I guess!! I drive it to work several times a week and leave it parked in the parking garage. So I didn't want to worry about all the restrictions. I don't want someone else telling me when and where I can drive my truck. It's actually $562 a year. I have my boat with them too and have been with Liberty Mutual for over 10 years with my other cars, house, etc. Maybe that has something to do with it... IDK

I did pick the highest deductible they offered....

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yep. Nothing on my record I guess!! I drive it to work several times a week and leave it parked in the parking garage. So I didn't want to worry about all the restrictions. I don't want someone else telling me when and where I can drive my truck. It's actually $562 a year. I have my boat with them too and have been with Liberty Mutual for over 10 years with my other cars, house, etc. Maybe that has something to do with it... IDK

I did pick the highest deductible they offered....
Hmm well sometimes the state you live in varies the cost a lot. Used to live in New Orleans before I moved to SC and car insurance was almost 2.5x more in that state. Maybe if I add my other cars it might work out. Thanks, I’m going to try with them again see if I can work something out, because that’s what I really wanted to go with. Lelandwest looks like a good back up though, thanks for the input!

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Yep. Nothing on my record I guess!!
Probably where you live. I once moved just a short distance away, but cross a city boundary, and my insurance doubled. Fortunately, I turned 25 at the same time, so my insurance was then cut in half, so I wound up with the same price. Especially from one State to another, insurance costs will vary a lot.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts