Defender Source Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '96 ROW truck recently arrived from Johan and I've started going through it cleaning up old/unused electrical wiring from it's previous life, adding A/C, etc.

Asking here as I'm not in front of the truck at the moment and maybe it will save me some time in tracking down wires - there are a handful of extra connectors in my battery box not connected to anything. I'm not sure at this point if they have something to do with the immobilizer, or something else. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
'97 300Tdi LHD 130
47 Posts
My '97 130 I got from Johan was also from France and does not have any extra connectors in the battery box.

Tinkering previous owner.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, figured I'm going to have to get under the truck tonight and dig into it, figured I'd ask around here first. They look like OEM connectors, so that led me away from a previous owner tinkering around.

·
Premium Member
804 Posts
Depending on the year and engine, it could be for one of these.
A 300Tdi with EGR might have a control box in there but I don't think that was the stock location.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Try this website: https://duud.ee/LR-manualid/300Tdi_Wiring_Diagrams.pdf
Then do a word search for “seat”. You may find what you need.
That diagram/document is super helpful. Two of the four connectors are for the EGR ECU (which is gone) and the EGR diagnostic port. Still not sure on the other two - one is a ground connector of some sort with 3 black wires, the other is a plug with with a single brown and single black wire...

·
Premium Member
804 Posts
...the other is a plug with with a single brown and single black wire...
You can try a continuity test with a multimeter to track down what fuse that single brown wire is for. Typically brown wires are constant hot... could be useful for something in the future

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You can try a continuity test with a multimeter to track down what fuse that single brown wire is for. Typically brown wires are constant hot... could be useful for something in the future
It would be more useful if it weren't 12 inches away from the battery itself, but your point is taken :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
In my 1997 UK spec 300tdi CSW, the EGR ECU, diagnostic port, fuse, and fourth thing (been a while since I looked for the info, but I think it had something to do with the immobilizer) were all located under the middle seat in the front. Depending on your truck's configuration, the batter box might not have been the original location for them. I haven't bothered to figure out what circuit the fuse is in, but would be interested to know if you figure it out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts