Defender Source Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Premium Member
1991 Defender 110 Beach Runner 2 Door 200tdi
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I鈥檓 looking for a radiator and diesel injectors for a 300tdi.

anybody got either laying around?

Art, I know that Ukarauto has these for sale. Let me see if there are any other options , first. 馃槆

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
if no one has a radiator, anybody have feelings about the cheap plastic and aluminum ones for sale online?

Registered
I bought a bearmach aluminum/plastic 200tdi radiator last year. I haven鈥檛 done any real off-roading but it cools really well for long highway drives even in hot weather.

Premium Member
Paddocks has the best price for new reman 300injectors

I needed two of the cheapy 200 TDI radiators in about 7 years. I just bought the all brass 300 TDI unit from bearmach . Works well

Buy once cry once ?

Premium Member
I've got a custom built 300 Tdi brass radiator that developed a small leak around the oil cooler inlet that I was going to pitch. Cooled great (which is why I had it built), I just got tired of smelling coolant. Should be repairable. I'll sell it for shipping costs, but I'm not sure how much it'd cost to ship from Texas, or if it'd even be worth it.

Premium Member
Land Rover - All Models
I鈥檓 looking for a radiator and diesel injectors for a 300tdi.

anybody got either laying around?

Art, I know that Ukarauto has these for sale. Let me see if there are any other options , first. 馃槆
Lol
Let me know when you are ready for me.

Premium Member
Land Rover - All Models

Premium Member
Land Rover - All Models

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Before I pull the trigger on the radiator, let me just make sure I know what鈥檚 going on.

The engine is running a little hotter than before I swapped all the hoses. I think it鈥檚 a clog in the radiator.
the inter cooler side is running hot, but the side with the oil cooler inlets and overflow line is not hot at all.

So, clogged radiator or did I run the hoses wrong, or something worse?

Premium Member
Routing looks fine. Did you burp the air out ?

• Jack up the front of the truck as high as you can
  • Fill radiator with coolant until 100% full using black plastic plug. (Replace with brass )
  • Fill overflow pressure tank until full
  • Start truck with pressure tank cap off
  • Squeeze upper and lower radiator hoses constantly until the truck warms up and thermostat opens.
  • Pressure tank coolant level should drop and then start to rise.
  • Put on pressure cap
  • Burped

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Routing looks fine. Did you burp the air out ?

• Jack up the front of the truck as high as you can
  • Fill radiator with coolant until 100% full using black plastic plug. (Replace with brass )
  • Fill overflow pressure tank until full
  • Start truck with pressure tank cap off
  • Squeeze upper and lower radiator hoses constantly until the truck warms up and thermostat opens.
  • Pressure tank coolant level should drop and then start to rise.
  • Put on pressure cap
  • Burped
Well, followed the instructions, ran for 30 minutes and no coolant drop in the expansion tank. Any other ideas or drop the $?

Premium Member
If it's cold on one side after that it's probably clogged. You can use a ir gun or your hard to verify when engine is hot.

If clogged but new or recore or if you want to try and clean it evaporust thermocure.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
1 - 15 of 15 Posts