Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting my all my ducks in a row in preparation for the engine swap and A/C install on my Right Hand Drive '86 D110, and the engine coming in, is out of a '94 NAS D90.

The issue is that the A/C kit I have came with the Denso compressor which has a serpentine belt, while the new engine has V belts.

I need help figuring out one of two things:

1) Can the Denso be made to fit the engine, and if so:
- what brackets do I need for it to mount on the block?
- can the serpentine pulley be replaced with a V pulley?

or

2) Should I consider changing everything over to a serpentine setup, and if so, what is required? Which brackets, pulleys, etc?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,157 Posts
Prolly easier to source the proper parts than redo the entire pulley drive. You need the AC bracket, a Sanden SD7 compressor with v belt drive, and the second tensioner pulley...

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the Sanden compressor that originally came with the engine, but the problem is that all the A/C hoses belong to the Denso. If you look close at the inlet & outlet in the picture, you'll see that they are not the same as on the Sanden.

The A/C kit I have must have belonged to an '97 D90 or '95 Classic. Both of those come with the Denso and a serpentine belt setup.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1of40: Thanks for the tip. I spoke to Kraig, and he convinced me rightly so, that the conversion to a serpentine setup is NOT the way to go.

There are too many things involved I the process that make it very difficult, and not worth the effort.

I've decided to use the Sanden compressor instead, and have new rubber hoses made up with the proper fittings.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts