Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I have a 1997 NAS Defender, check engine light is on. Where is the OBD II port located? I looked under dash both sides, under both seat cubby's, and for some strange reason it's not mentioned in the owners manual or the LRNA Workshop manual.

THx
Mikey

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe if I'd taken all the junk from the SPO out of the coin tray, I might have actually been able to read the sticker that says "Diagnostic plug behind panel"...I dunno...just spitballing ideas here... thx again.

Code was P1638 Max FPR/FMR which I assume relates to fuel pressure regulator. Cleared code, drove to smog station and passed Az emissions. Woohoo!

Mikey

·
Registered
67 Posts
Maybe if I'd taken all the junk from the SPO out of the coin tray, I might have actually been able to read the sticker that says "Diagnostic plug behind panel"...I dunno...just spitballing ideas here... thx again.

Code was P1638 Max FPR/FMR which I assume relates to fuel pressure regulator. Cleared code, drove to smog station and passed Az emissions. Woohoo!

Mikey
Same thing happened to me when I was at the inspection station...no one could find it. Had two mechanics crawling all over, under hood, inside :whistling:. Finally found it by Googling, I guess that's one of the perks of a unique vehicle. :)

·
Premium Member
1,388 Posts

Mikey
I think it refers to tps reading full closed position with engine running....it may be on its way out
or lots of carbon in plenum, throttle body and or idle control valve seat.
clean all of it.

·
Registered
414 Posts
INNOVA 3100 Diagnostic Scan Tool/Code Reader with ABS and Battery Backup for OBD2 Vehicles

On Amazon for $100.

Works with my 1999, 2002 Mercedes and 97 rover

1 - 12 of 12 Posts