Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
'94 D90 POE #1500, '97 ST #23
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just picked up a '97 NAS D90 that was crashed. I'm planning on building it back up to a very solid and mechanically-sound stock form (or as close to it as feasible). It has a salvage title but can be fixed to look like (at least from 10 feet away maybe) and drive like it was never crashed. Then I believe I can get it rebranded with a "reconstructed" title. With that being its history, its future will probably be relegated to daily-driver and low-stress off-roading status. It will be fun to bring it back to life.

Any help on reputable used parts sources for Defenders would be appreciated. If I can't get an excellent used part, I'll go new from the usual suspects. I know a bunch of Discovery sources (which does cross over a bit), but I'm having a bit hard time with Defender stuff since RDS closed down. I'm looking for mostly body and interior trim stuff. I think I have mechanicals covered pretty well at this point. If I can avoid stuff like a new $437 front bumper I'll be able to spend that money toward other needs.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Congratulations! Certainly worth bringing back to life. If you are looking for used NAS parts you may be looking for some time and paying a premium. Not a whole lot of used Defender ROW parts dealers stateside let alone NAS. BTW, $437 for a new NAS bumper is pretty reasonable. Best bet is to post up in the wanted section here and on the NAS-ROW forum. Good luck with the resurrection!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Just be aware of the assholes committing fraud on this forum. Make sure you check how long they’ve been on this forum. And if they try and send you to someone else that “has the part” your looking for, tell them to eat ****!
Sorry for the language but I got taken last year and am still pissed about it.

·
Registered
88' ROW 110
568 Posts
I just picked up a '97 NAS D90 that was crashed. I'm planning on building it back up to a very solid and mechanically-sound stock form (or as close to it as feasible). It has a salvage title but can be fixed to look like (at least from 10 feet away maybe) and drive like it was never crashed. With that being its history, its future will probably be relegated to daily-driver and low-stress off-roading status. It will be fun to bring it back to life.

Any help on reputable used parts sources for Defenders would be appreciated. If I can't get an excellent used part, I'll go new from the usual suspects. I know a bunch of Discovery sources (which does cross over a bit), but I'm having a bit hard time with Defender stuff since RDS closed down. I'm looking for mostly body and interior trim stuff. I think I have mechanicals covered pretty well at this point. If I can avoid stuff like a new $437 front bumper I'll be able to spend that money toward other needs.
One rebuild/resto at a time isn’t enough? Or is the POE done?

Look forward to seeing the progress!

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just be aware of the assholes committing fraud on this forum. Make sure you check how long they’ve been on this forum. And if they try and send you to someone else that “has the part” your looking for, tell them to eat ****!
Sorry for the language but I got taken last year and am still pissed about it.
Haha. Language never offends me. Thanks for the heads up. That’s precisely why I put “reputable” in there. I’ve heard some horror stories from guys here getting screwed—surprisingly one in particular, by a well-known vendor.

One rebuild/resto at a time isn’t enough? Or is the POE done.
Yes! The POE is done! Well almost. We still need to do a couple of things on it like the diffs and sort a couple other small things. When I get to my computer I’ll post a couple of pics, but it looks exactly the same as before except with a new galvanized chassis. That, and to make it mechanically solid were the goals.

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here are some of the nearly 200 pics I have of the POE that we just finished a couple of weeks ago. The first one is before, but as you scroll down, it's fairly obvious what is the before and what is the after. You can kind of see the twist in the old frame if you look closely. The second to last one is the shop (Wolf Motorsports in Elkhart Lake, WI) where it all happens. The last one is the "almost done" and looks almost the same as the "before."

Attachments

·
Registered
202 Posts
I absolutely love restoration photos! Nice work man. And yes, please keep us updated on the latest build.

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congratulations! Certainly worth bringing back to life. If you are looking for used NAS parts you may be looking for some time and paying a premium. Not a whole lot of used Defender ROW parts dealers stateside let alone NAS. BTW, $437 for a new NAS bumper is pretty reasonable. Best bet is to post up in the wanted section here and on the NAS-ROW forum. Good luck with the resurrection!
Thanks, Parrie. I needed to get a bunch of parts for the POE after we bought it and it seemed like there were several places in the US. $437 just seems crazy for what it is, and the '97 doesn't even have cut outs for the blinkers. I know this is just one part, but I'm sure our fabricator can make one for less than that. I'll put together a list and post what I need.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Sorry man, didn't mean to be a downer...the NAS stuff is just getting stupid IMO.

BTW...The POE is almost as impressive as the rest of your shop...WOW!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts