Defender Source Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1996 Land Rover Discovery SE-7
- 7 Seater (2 rear seats are inward facing jump seats in the cargo area) with front and rear AC,
- 137,xxx miles
- 4.0 V8
- 5-spd Transmission -- Rebuilt unit installed last year with new clutch, pressure plate, throw out bearing, etc.
- 2 in. lift with Old Man Emu HD Springs and shocks
- Terrafirma HD Spring retainers installed in the rear.
- 235/85/16 BFG All-Terrain's with good tread with matching spare on matching allow wheel
- Front diff guard
- ARB winch bumper (no winch currently installed)
- Terrafirma HD Steering rods with Terrafirma steering stabilizer
Recently work completed:
- New window regulator in passenger side door
- New rear drive shaft converted to U-Joint from Rotoflex
- New clutch master and slave cylinders
- New fan clutch

Current issues:
- Front sunroof works, but isn't reliable
- Rear sunroof has a broken track (my fault)
- Cruise control doesn't work (vacuum hoses need to be replaced)
- Check engine light comes on intermittently. The code is for an O2 sensor, I just haven't replaced because it runs fine.
- Plastic trim for passenger side seat switch is broken, the switch works, but the trim is broken.
- Headliner is sagging
- There is rust in the front fenders, but the other usual areas are better than most. I can provide detailed photos if you are an interested buyer

I love this truck, but it is time to move on. Truck runs great with no current issues.

Price is $4500 obo.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
Super rare from what I have seen... Currently zero for sale when you do a search on car tempest. None on eBay. I've seen numbers like 'less than 500' quoted but there is no telling if that is true

·
Premium Member
12,091 Posts
Anyone know where this one landed? Love the thought of an R380 Disco.
Should be much easier to find a nice stick disco than a Range Rover. Cheaper too.

Now that the sarcasm is done, I will say they are fun to drive. Sorta like a quiet defender with a useless cargo area.

I had a friend with a mint one that he sold years ago. I regret not buying it.

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
Should be much easier to find a nice stick disco than a Range Rover. Cheaper too. Now that the sarcasm is done, I will say they are fun to drive. Sorta like a quiet defender with a useless cargo area. I had a friend with a mint one that he sold years ago. I regret not buying it.
With all this talk I've probably run the prices up on any future purchase now. Until a couple hours ago none had spoke of these in a good while. I'm sure I'll get some PMs soon for worn out ones that are $8800.

I hear they are fun Barry. And less hassle than an ZF4HP22 when the time comes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.