Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been lurking here since April when I bought my first Defender. It is a 91 110 3 door. I am in Kentucky now but will be moving to Hawaii in January and am trying to finish this build before I have to move.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,413 Posts
nice work it actually looks shorter with the top removed

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Ron. I never really looked at it like that but you are definitely right. I wonder if it is because there are no windows in the side yet?

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
I decided to remove the bulkhead. haven't decided what to do with the ends yet. EDIT...Not sure why the photo flipped.
Cool to see what the Tith cage looks like without the bulkhead. I'm interested to see what you figure out with the ends. This maybe something I do in the future.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Put on a new bumper and have set the top on. This is where I am at. I have a tith Cage and cant find the top door channels or the side door channels for the tith cage. Any ideas?
We modify the std Defender ones for our Tithonus Soft Top builds.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,232 Posts
Put on a new bumper and have set the top on. This is where I am at. I have a tith Cage and cant find the top door channels or the side door channels for the tith cage. Any ideas?
Call Zack at RN. He can help your dilemma. People have used the standard door surrounds for the Tithonus.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Nice.

This is on my list of things to do someday. But mine is a 4 door so need to find a cage.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Nice! I wonder about the bulkhead being removed and strength.
I have a Tithonus and cut out the bulkhead. The crossbars on the rollcage and the additional center crossmember made me feel comfortable that I had enough lateral strength and I haven't had any issues.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I decided to remove the bulkhead. haven't decided what to do with the ends yet. EDIT...Not sure why the photo flipped.
You are missing some supports that run down the length of the bulkhead step and attach to the cage and are bolted underneath the rear tub as well. It also connects in the back to the fame. I cut out the bulkhead on my Tithonus entirely, including the part of the cage that attached to the bulkhead.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts