Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me how the AC controls work on an 88 LHD with factory AC? I am pretty sure I have an issue but need some help diagnosing. When I use the selector lever to move air to come out the dash vents the air continues to blow out the defrost vents. It used to eventually switch to the dash vents but seemed to have amend of its own, switching between dash and defrost on its own. Now it just comes out of the defrost. Is there a motor or vacuum hose to activate the plenum doors? Does not appear to be cables

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I assume that means I need to take out all the dash fascia - the part with the vent louvres in it? Is there any other way to get to the hoses? Anyone have diagrams or pictures that show how it should look?

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I assume my vacuum lines are bad and potentially a vacuum motor or two. Are these worth fixing or should I scrap the dash system and go for the newer style systems? Will I need to get this working in addition to adding the newer style to the truck?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Usually, the lines rot away hence leaks left and right secondary to the motors being overrun and finally giving away. Lines aren't the toughest of the lot to replace. Quick connect fittings are you best friend...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts