Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Maybe the question is how does a late model series III compare in value to a similar D110? I have D90's and currently have a nice '97. I have stumbled on a '84 series that looks cool. Arb bumper and winch, full rack, new bfg's. It has a later model V8 from a disco, moderate rust in typical places but not bad. I can buy it for $11k but didn't know if it's worth much more than that. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
13,007 Posts
SWB, LWB, 4 door, wagon, soft top???? Depends on a lot of things like that and condition and modifications.... What else have been done to the rest of the drivetrain to fit the V8? What is the quality of the conversion work?

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
Meh. When I was stationed in the UK later year series vehicles weren't worth that much. Drive it and see if it's in good condition. Original 4 speed gearbox?

·
Registered
755 Posts
I have owned and sold two late model S3 trucks………both clean, minimal rust, lots of upgrades, etc. for around $12K - $14K.

Both 88" trucks with hard tops (not that I think the top really matters on a series truck).

As John mentions above, price will depend on the quality of the conversion and the condition of the truck. Both of mine were original 2.25 trucks and were unmolested.

84' is a cool year as it's the last year of the Series trucks. Sure it's a soft dash vs. all metal, but it's a nice truck and the end of an era.

Here is one of the trucks I sold for comparison to what you are buying:

------ Follow up post added June 18th, 2015 09:43 PM ------

Here is the other one:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts