Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Front doors are two piece, second row doors one piece. These will all fit Defender or Series although you may have to change your strike plate or the lock in the door depending on what you have on your vehicle.
All 8 doors = $800. If this listing does not go anywhere I will split them up and re-list as pairs.

Front Pair #1: from Defender, ST style. These are in good shape – although everyone probably has a different idea of what that means; good shape for the money anyway. The bottom rails have a few spots that would benefit from some welding. Door cards are in decent shape.
Front Pair #2: from Series III Safari. Again, these would fit a Defender and some people say they prefer Series style on a Defender for easier maintenance and fewer things to go wrong. These have removable tops too. Bottom rails plus other spots need attention at some point although they are usable as they are. Trim / cards are in great shape. A few rivet holes in the skins that need to be filled.
Second Row Pair #1: from the Series III Safari above. Same condition as the matching front pair except no rivet holes in the skins.
Second Row Pair #2: from Series IIa. Describing condition is usually a subjective exercise – but the frames are rough on these no matter what your outlook. There are useable (I have been using them anyway) and they held up to my kids slamming them. From the outside these don’t look bad but the frames look like Swiss cheese – somehow they seem solid when hung. No trim on these – there would not be a lot to attach it to anyway. I think they could be salvaged by a good welder.

Attachments

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Photos of the Swiss Cheese Pair

Attachments

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
Interested in selling just the cards? Do you have cards for the rear doors too?

·
Premium Member
10,771 Posts
The cards are great. But they look to be designed to accommodate the interior door handle of the (very rare) doors on sale.

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
The cards are great. But they look to be designed to accommodate the interior door handle of the (very rare) doors on sale.
yep.....

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can't sell the cards separate from the doors - it would be too hard / expensive for a buyer to source cards if they were to buy these doors without cards.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The set of 4 white Series doors are sold. I will relist the red doors separately when I have a spare moment. But if you are interested in either set of red doors before I relist them (front or rear) let me know.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts