1971 LHD Series IIa 88". It was mechanically restored several years ago and at that point got a galvanized, coil sprung chassis, LT77 LT230 with disc front, drum rear brakes, poly bushings and brand new as of yesterday BRGoodrich KM3 MTs and new nato wheels.
The engine is said to be a Turner 5 bearing engine, it has a weber carb, new radiator, electronic ignition, new brake booster, etc.
I've installed a new galvanized winch bumper and new Superwinch winch (needs to be connected to the battery).
All the fluids are fresh and I replaced the track rod as it was slightly bent. The interior has carpeting, early defender seats and a stereo along with several additional gauges. I understand the owner that restored it was a pilot and liked his gauges. He also installed a second gas tank behind the rear axle and drove it across country and down into Mexico.
The body has a lot of patina, it has the dents that you'd expect from a well-used land rover. I haven't been concerned with it, but it's not a concours restoration, and is priced as such.
What does it need? If I were to keep it I'd hook up the winch, replace the shocks and drive it. It sat for several years before I bought it early this year. I got it running very nicely but it needs to be driven.
I don't have the time or bandwidth for this and the S1so this needs to go.
Located in Northern VA
$26,500
brooks dot anthony at gmail