Defender Source Forum banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Will look today. Unfortunately this is a Chinese one and the instructions are impossible to understand!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Here are some photos I snapped quickly. Is it and dark so sorry.

I tried starting the heat w the truck off and got the E-8 error.

·
Super Moderator
12,823 Posts
Can you follow the line to see if it is the fuel supply line and not the return.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Back onto this as it's starting to get coooold!

Heater works great with the truck on. However, with the truck off I am still getting the e-8 error which is no fuel. Same thing happens if the truck is on and heater on, and then I turn the truck off. After 30seconds or so I get the error.

Any ideas?

Can you follow the line to see if it is the fuel supply line and not the return.

·
Super Moderator
12,823 Posts
With a TD5. you need to see how it is plumbed in. They have a complicated fuel system.

Most likely you need to run a dedicated line into the tank.

·
Super Moderator
12,823 Posts
It's a 200tdi
Well you have not answered any questions. You need to determine if you are connected to the supply or return line and the specific location. Is this a factory 200TDI or a conversion? 90 or 110?

A dedicated line is always best as it avoids a bunch of issues that can happen if your fuel system is not in perfect shape.

·
Registered
410 Posts
It's a '92 110 left hand drive 200tdi. All original.

Currently it's splices in as seen in the photo, I'm 99% sure it's the supply line.

·
Super Moderator
12,823 Posts
Currently it's splices in as seen in the photo, I'm 99% sure it's the supply line.
You need to go and look and follow the lines.

Do you see air in the filter when having the problem?

Basically, if that is the supply line, when you disconnect it from the heater fuel pump, fuel should just run out continuously with no air. Maybe just try that and report back.

61 - 70 of 70 Posts