Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a set of 5 BFG A/T tires in great condition installed on Land Rover Tornado rims for sale. The tire size is stock NAS Defender size: 265/85/R16. They were purchased new in 2008 but only have 27 045 miles on them. According to advanced scientific calculations the thread depth is approximately 9/32” which the experts say is 87.5% of lifespan remaining. I have the original receipt that includes free replacement certificates, lifetime spin, balance and repairs.The rims are also in good condition. Photos can be provided.

$500 for rims and tires.
$300 for rims only.
$300 for tires only.

Pick up in Portland, OR or Gig Harbor, WA preferred. I can also deliver to All British Field Meet in Portland.

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
I think I'll need a bit more accurate description! Jk. ;-)

Good deal! Glwts.

I did think 265/75 was stock NAS, though. Either way, taller is better.

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
So you put 27,000 miles on them and they still have 87% treat left? That's impressive! I hope the 33x10.5's do even half that well on mine

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, they're 275/75. Someone local is buying the tires but the Tornado rims are still available.

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess so! I'm not very familiar with measuring thread depth and wear. According the wear chart I found that's what it says. Is it calculated differently between road, A/T and Mud tires or are they all treated the same way in terms of measuring wear? They all vary in tread depth don't they?

So you put 27,000 miles on them and they still have 87% treat left? That's impressive! I hope the 33x10.5's do even half that well on mine

1 - 6 of 6 Posts