Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Always a can of worms, and hesitate to ask but with the hope of "something new or updated" seeking advice for what your app preferences are.

·
Premium Member
4,862 Posts
I use Gaia GPS. The dowload is around $20 but it is worth every penny- great ability to store bread crumb tracks and provides real-time access (or download) of various map including USGS topo, and some open source maps as well.

https://www.gaiagps.com/

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
Really good question,
For the TAT you have to use garmin files, was hoping someone bought one of the new big screen ones who give us a review.

I was looking at a Montana but that seems pretty old school now and none of the apps for iPads can take garmin files natively I believe.

·
Premium Member
1,700 Posts
I just picked up a used Magellan TRX7. So far I am really digging it. I hope to get to use it more once I finish up a month long Army school that I leave for in a week.

Initial impressions are good. Has a huge base load of trails. It knew of quite a few in my area that I didn’t. I’ll be exploring those as time permits. The POI’s seem good and it nice to have a database of fuel food etc. That doesn’t require interwebs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts