Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. New member, first post. Just acquired a 1997 NAS90 and want to remove the snorkel that’s on the truck. To do this I need to get a new air filter box inlet (because the original one had to be cut to accept the corrugated hose). This is the ‘diffuser’-looking trumpet part of the air box. I really only need the inlet cover but may have to buy whole box if necessary. Thanks for your response(s). Paul

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Drew! I’m so excited. I’ve owned a few Range Rovers but I totally ‘GET’ how the Defender is different are special. Here are some pics. First two are 2-days old and last two are from previous owner (2-owners ago). The truck was new in Oregon and also lived in Oklahoma, New Mexico, Tennessee, Alabama and now with me in Virginia. Bi-coastal!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
Congrats! That's a beauty! Either keep the cut end of the airbox or sell it on. It is worth money because it will keep someone else from cutting down theirs.

I have taken a break from Defender ownership having owned 3 NAS, 1 - 1995 ST and 2- 1997 SW's, with a ROW 3 door 110 thrown in for good measure.

But I get what you are saying. I have also owned RRC's and there is just something about a Defender. I found myself watching one on BaT at the auctions end the other day. I am trying to be strong and Defenderless for a while though. My Series will have to do in the meantime.

Enjoy it in good health and have many adventures!
Drew

·
Premium Member
486 Posts
I deal mostly with RRC's and Discovery models. Does the diagram below reflect the air intake assembly that you have? If so, I may be able to supply you with the "trumpet" portion. I'm just not so sure about the GEMS D90's. Let me know if I can be of help.
Cheers,
Paul

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Hello. New member, first post. Just acquired a 1997 NAS90 and want to remove the snorkel that’s on the truck. To do this I need to get a new air filter box inlet (because the original one had to be cut to accept the corrugated hose). This is the ‘diffuser’-looking trumpet part of the air box. I really only need the inlet cover but may have to buy whole box if necessary. Thanks for your response(s). Paul
We have the trumpet piece in stock. I will shoot a PM as well.
You can email me directly: [email protected]

-Joe

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I deal mostly with RRC's and Discovery models. Does the diagram below reflect the air intake assembly that you have? If so, I may be able to supply you with the "trumpet" portion. I'm just not so sure about the GEMS D90's. Let me know if I can be of help.
Cheers,
Paul
Paul, yes that drawing perfectly describes the diffuser end to my air box. I only really need the end and not the whole box. Please let me know what you might have. Tnx

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Beautiful truck! Congratulations and welcome.

I happen to also need the trumpeted air cleaner inlet, but for the opposite reason. Need one to cut or that's already cut to fit my snorkel. Would you be interested in selling me the one you took off?

If not, I'm interested in one of yours, Paul. Will shoot you a PM.

·
Premium Member
486 Posts
Beautiful truck! Congratulations and welcome.

I happen to also need the trumpeted air cleaner inlet, but for the opposite reason. Need one to cut or that's already cut to fit my snorkel. Would you be interested in selling me the one you took off?

If not, I'm interested in one of yours, Paul. Will shoot you a PM.
I have another one. You'll want to take a wire wheel to it to clean it up and shoot it with some rustoleum, but otherwise it's straight. I'll pm you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts