Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a NAS D90 and my 3rd brake light is attached to the rear window with 3M double sided tape. When it gets really hot the double sided tape looses adhesion and light starts to fall off. What do you all have on your D90s for the 3rd brake light?

·
Premium Member
887 Posts
Rear view mirror glue works like a charm. Read instructions carefully and have a steady hand.

I used a marker to pinpoint exactly where the two holders needed to go.

Chemical reactions can be amazing...

Reactions: Mpower619

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hey guys, I have a NAS D90 and my 3rd brake light is attached to the rear window with 3M double sided tape. When it gets really hot the double sided tape looses adhesion and light starts to fall off. What do you all have on your D90s for the 3rd brake light?
Well, you may or may not want to consider this: A motorcycle LED tail light lens mounted where it shines through the spokes on the spare. I know it sounds weird, however on a Wrangler I bought a while back the previous owner had done that because he didn't like the Jeep factory incarnation.

Here is a photo of the light "peeking" through the spoke of the wheel. Pretty stealth, but being LED, it lights up really bright.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/shares/gWFC9w

·
Premium Member
1,257 Posts
One thing I do not like about the 90 is all the rear view obstructions created by the fold down seats, 3rd brake lamp and the rear door mounted spare tire.

I know you "purists" won't agree but here's how I dealt with the lamp issue.
I bought and cut in above the door a LED Truck-Lite tail lamp (1.5" X 6" approx.) for a semi truck & moved the rear washer slightly to the drivers side. It's been there over 13 years with no issues & ALL the LED's still work.

·
Premium Member
887 Posts
I really don't get the "obstructed" rear view. In mind mind these trucks are like looking out of a fishbowl.

Would have never thought obstructed view...

Unless your other car used to belong to George Jetson, not sure where your coming from...

·
Premium Member
3,344 Posts
Just remove the light altogether

1 - 8 of 8 Posts