Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The title says it all, I'm on the hunt for a fuel pump and starter motor for my 1983 3.5L v8.

Anyone got some lying around?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is this off your '83 110? And anything wrong with it? Always just gotta ask why it's outside of a truck rather than in!

I'm not sure what reasonable really is in this case, but perhaps $75?

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
Facet makes a generic fuel pump used in countless applications including rovers. They are available for reasonable money new at NAPA.

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
I have a facet fuel pump on my truck and it works great. I think I got mine on eBay for next to nothing.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a facet fuel pump on my truck and it works great. I think I got mine on eBay for next to nothing.
What's the model you got? Upon google, I'm seeing FACET PRC3901. That sound right?

It came as a spare along with an 80's 3.5v8 110 I owned a couple years ago. $75 sounds fair.
I'll take it! Do you ever come into the DC area? If not, no worries, I may have them just do the fuel pump and I'll make a field trip out to you one weekend.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dan, I can hand-off the starter to Dave Bobeck who I will see this weekend. He lives in NW in Fla Ave and U street area.

paypal is [email protected]
Pedro may be hooking me up with this ASAP, so that I can get this fixed before the weekend, so let me touch base with him before I commit. If it's not the right type, I'll be sure to make payment before the weekend.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ha! Okay.
Alrighty, I'll take it! I'll paypal you today. I don't know Dave Bobeck, but if you wanna hit get a chain going via email, mine is [email protected].

Also, can I just say how amazing this forum is that I need two quick parts for a 32 y/o truck; one I've got the next day delivered right to my shop on Pedro's commute, the other being brought to 5 blocks from my apt. Tis good to be a Rover owner in the DC/VA area!

·
Premium Member
7,734 Posts
Alrighty, I'll take it! I'll paypal you today. I don't know Dave Bobeck, but if you wanna hit get a chain going via email, mine is [email protected].

Also, can I just say how amazing this forum is that I need two quick parts for a 32 y/o truck; one I've got the next day delivered right to my shop on Pedro's commute, the other being brought to 5 blocks from my apt. Tis good to be a Rover owner in the DC/VA area!
Okay, sounds good. I'll pass the starter on to Dave this weekend and do the intros via email. Yeah, I agree, it would be hard to keep some of these trucks on the road without the IP that is resident on this forum in in the immediate area.

Clay

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Hey folks, my tooling around seems to tell me that this is the comparable part, but it looks like it's only rated to 5.5PSI, is that a different pressure than what it pumps fuel at?

http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/C...e-Cylindrical-Type-/_/R-BK_6101074_0498392879

I think it's identical to the Facet part referenced here, which is definitely the one y'all have been referring to:
https://www.lrdirect.com/PRC3901-Fuel-Pump-90-110Rr-86-In-Line-Fac/?sfi=PRC3901&keep_https=yes
I cannot find a part number but here are picture.

uploadfromtaptalk1443567736242.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1443567765215.jpg

·
Registered
1,417 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Fwiw, for anyone landing in this old thread bc it's your only search result here for prc3901, this vendor's page for Facet 476087e shows a cross reference to PRC3901:
Facet 476087 Silver Top Cylindrical Fuel Pump - STS504 | Walbro, Facet, Weber, Dellorto & more

And it is apparently the same thing as the NAPA part# that Dan posted above, which I was able to find same-day availability for @ my local NAPA - big thanks, Dan!
Glad I could help! The pump's been in for months and working like a charm!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts