Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:icon_peace::icon_peace::icon_peace:

I'm at the end of scrapping my 1988 RRC and before I send her off to the scrap yard I wanted to see if anyone would like the 3.5 efi, ZF and LT230. There's a catch... they are still in the rusted out rover and I don't have the means or desire to pull it all... so bring a trailer with a winch.

I could possibly pull the LT230 1.2 with linkage and whatever else wanted with it. Pick up or RURR only.

She ran great when parked about 3-4 yrs ago. Top end rebuild with low miles (work done by myself... first time so no promises but I followed the book). Parts are weathered from sitting outside in the driveway. Some parts have been scavenged and more will be.

Other good bits left on her are newish low miles radiator, fuel tank & fuel pump.

Per forum rules.... LT230 $300 the rest is gift with purchase.

I will be pulling bits & pieces and then she's gone by the end of this month.

Interior has been gutted but I do have a decent cloth rear seat.

Located in South Portland Maine

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You already have at least 10% percent of this one! I'm working on getting those other bits out too.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I need the lt230 linkage if so inclined. My old 83 linkage doesn't match up with the new 1.4 going in the 110.
If there's no interest for a bigger combination then I'll pull the linkage separately. Can that be done without dropping the case?

I'm away for work and will be back in about 10 days.... but I'll be checking in.

·
Premium Member
7,734 Posts
If there's no interest for a bigger combination then I'll pull the linkage separately. Can that be done without dropping the case? I'm away for work and will be back in about 10 days.... but I'll be checking in.
thanks Kevin. I think it will be. I'm looking for the straight piece that connects these two points on the trans and extends to the Tcase.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh... for some reason I was thinking the complete shifter. Sure I can do that if there are no takers like I said above.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Are you selling the entire engine or just the EFI?

·
Registered
371 Posts
I'm looking for the whole system, I'd have to have it shipped but I can email you a label and call for a pickup, so you'd only need to box it up.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm looking for the whole system, I'd have to have it shipped but I can email you a label and call for a pickup, so you'd only need to box it up.
PM sent.

No surprise there were no takers. If anyone is local and wants to pull the LT230... bring tools and a nice bottle of booze. I hope to have her hauled off by the end of the month.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts