Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This came out of my ROW '88. Before it was imported, it received a mild rebuild with a Edlebrock carburetor and intake manifold. Ran fine, no smoke.

$300 including radiator and exhaust manifolds (not shown). Currently located in Colorado Springs, CO.

Truck freight only on your dime, but I have connections that might be able to save a few bucks.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And since it has come up, the intake manifold retails on Jegs right now for $260. Bargain of the century right here.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sold pending shipping and payment.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Deal fell through, so it is back up for sale. Shipping is going to be a tad high. If someone between Denver and Wisconsin wants it, I am making a trip that way in the next week or so. Shipping would be free if you can meet me along the way. Was planning a detour to Minneapolis too.

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
Have you tried using Rick Newman's Fastenal shipping method? We shipped a 2.5 NA diesel from Virginia to Atlanta for $150. You have to strap it to a pallet, drop it off at a Fastenal that has a forklift and send it to another one near your destination that has a forklift to take it off the truck but its the cheapest shipping in town. That 2.5 liter diesel weighs at least 150 lbs more than the Rover V-8.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a friend who is a 3rd-party shipper. With that discount, getting from DEN to the east coast was $250 shipped to a depot.

Yes, Des Moines is right along the way! I have a nephew at Grinnell that I might stop in to see as well.

All accessories including AC compressor still attached. Was setup for manual...transmission not included.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think it's sold.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts