Defender Source Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, need advice please, We have a 2013 Defender, the battery died and now the truck seems to have forgotten the key, we are in Baja Mexico, the nearest dealer is across the cortez sea in Mainland Mexico, I contacted Bearmach and they said their scanner tool won't work for programming keys on this truck, online search does not provide a tool that will work, any suggestions?

Thanks for looking

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I hope you found help by now, but in case you didn't, try this:

LINK TO ARTICLE

Reactions: Iroquoisman

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You would think so...

I would hope the Land Rover organization would step up to help. No guarantees I’m sure.
But no... I've contacted several dealers and all I can get from them is Bring the truck into the dealership, "We've been in touch with the factory in England and they say there is no other way"

It seems as we might have to tow the truck onto the ferry in La Paz, take it across the Sea of Cortez then tow it to the dealership in Culiacan, its looking like $3,000 USD plus for that... :(

It doesn't make any sense, you are supposed to be able to travel around the globe on this things, unless the battery dies then you are in real trouble...

Frustrating!

·
Premium Member
11,088 Posts
2013 Defender "Forgot" key... no dealer in sight

I think a UK based forum with more experience with later defenders is better equipped to help than we do on this US based forum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts