Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced the 4 nozzles with original Bosch ones. I have now MUCH LESS SMOKE:) At high speed it runs smooth and power feels good. Not more powerful than before though despite the less smoke that it produces.

But, when idling it sounds like one cylinder is not contributing. I loosened the fuel nuts one at a time and it looks like engine doesn't miss so much when nut on cylinder 4 is loose. Ideas will be welcome

·
Super Moderator
13,094 Posts
Did you get the pop pressure set and patterns checked with the new nozzles?

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Did you get the pop pressure set and patterns checked with the new nozzles?
:thumb:

where did you get the injectors from is the ?
if you have no change when opening the line indicates its not popping open correctly

·
Premium Member
8,969 Posts
United Diesel over on General Washington Dr. (Alexandria) *should* be able to check the cracking pressure and spray patterns I'd guess.

If not, I have a guy (Tom Bryant) up in Maine that will do this for ~$40 if you ship the injectors to him. Shoot me a note if you want his contact info.

·
Super Moderator
13,094 Posts
Ehhh... nope :hide: Where can I get some info on that?...
You need to take them to a diesel shop that can adjust the pop pressures.

·
Premium Member
4,887 Posts
Yeah, just went through a bunch of injector malarkey. Don't even bother messing with them, just send them off to get tested and adjusted as necc.

Blue Ridge Diesel can do it as can any of the other listed shops I believe.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I thought it was looking too easy... I'll call this place in Alexandria and if he doesn't do it we'll go with Tom Bryant. Thanks guys

BTW, I got the nozzles from ebay @$208

·
Premium Member
5,428 Posts
before you send them out, did you fully bleed the lines? Cracking both the feed line and the drain line while the engine is running one injecotr at a time

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
before you send them out, did you fully bleed the lines? Cracking both the feed line and the drain line while the engine is running one injecotr at a time
I did but only the feed line until no more foam came out. I'll see if the return line has any air

·
Premium Member
10,352 Posts
Pablo:
It sounds like your engine has a leaking injector.
This happens when an injector fails to close and constantly leaks fuel before and after the given pop-pressure that is suppose to open the injector at a pre-defined pressure.
Blue Ridge can check it or your local guys...
The 200TDI is 2 stage. so some shops may not be equipped for these... best to check first.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Pablo:
It sounds like your engine has a leaking injector.
This happens when an injector fails to close and constantly leaks fuel before and after the given pop-pressure that is suppose to open the injector at a pre-defined pressure.
Blue Ridge can check it or your local guys...
The 200TDI is 2 stage. so some shops may not be equipped for these... best to check first.

If the injector is leaking it must be because I assembled it wrong?... with the old ones it smoked but ran and idled smooth. Also, Is there a known shop that has the ability to service these 2 stage injectors? Blue Ridge?

Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
13,822 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts