Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has 122,721 miles

The Good:
  • The truck is in overall great shape... the body has a couple of small dings, but if given a wax, it'll look great. Interior is in great shape as well. Tires are in good shape.
The Bad:
  • The engine has a ticking noise that occurs when the truck hits it's regular operating temperature.. it gets louder with acceleration.
  • I did replace the cats on it.. and in doing so, I wasn't able to get the flange to the exhaust to line up properly, so I put some High Heat JB Weld there that seems to be holding.. it's an easy fix at an exhaust place though.
  • The previous owner broke off the key into the ignition, so they removed the ignition and are using a home-made key to start it. The replacement parts for this is approx. $150 used on Ebay.. I just never got around to replacing it. I have the original key fob with the broken key though.
  • Battery may be dead... I have a blue-top Optima in there that died from not being used.. it starts right up after I jump it... I have a battery charger on it now though, not sure if it'll retain the charge though
  • Front crossmember needs to be replaced.. I had to cut it away to get the Y-pipe down.. I've removed this crossmember without concern in all my past discos that have been lifted anyways so the driveshaft doesnt hit it
The Ugly
  • The front bumper is cracked in the middle, but the black bumper covers are intact.. that will make replacing it much easier as you can use a base bumper from any model/color.
  • Rear bumper has a small crack in it as well
  • Surface Rust -- Being a northeast truck, the frame has surface rust on it.. I poked at a few spots and there was no indication it was anything more than that.

The truck is being sold AS-IS, WHERE-IS. I bought this truck as a project truck, and with also owning an LR3 and a Series IIa rebuild, along with a baby, I just don't have the time necessary to fix it. I would personally recommend towing it as I have only driven it around the block.. and while it drove fine, I wouldn't trust it for driving any distance.

Asking price is $2,000.00 and it's located in West Caldwell, NJ. Would also consider trade towards turn-key trail-ready RRC or D1.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ryaaaaannnn

Is that a Heep on your driveway?

You sinner LOL
Out of the 4 vehicles I own (3 being Land Rovers), it's the only reliable one I have! That being said, it's a lease and up in May and I'm going to try to get into a 110 at that point.

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bump... price is OBO ... just need to clear up driveway space to work on other projects.

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Still for sale. Price drop to $1500

I swapped out the tires/rims for 19" LR3s.. It comes with a matching spare rim, but the tire on it isn't usable. Either buy this truck and rebuild the engine/replace or use it for parts (interior is in amazing shape). While the truck starts & drives, I strongly recommend towing it away. Open to offers.. going to EBay soon.

Some additional photos here too: https://imgur.com/a/BNqLD (Black rims in trunk do not come with truck)

Not open to trades anymore.. I want to focus on my Series rebuild now.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts