Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking for a write-up on turbo replacement for a disco 200tdi but can't find anything substantial. The workshop manual is a bit thin on details. Anyone perform that task? Any crucial points other than oil it up before starting?

Thanks for any info.

·
Premium Member
7,361 Posts
I was looking for a write-up on turbo replacement for a disco 200tdi but can't find anything substantial. The workshop manual is a bit thin on details. Anyone perform that task? Any crucial points other than oil it up before starting?

Thanks for any info.
Try contacting 1of40 here.

He just went through the process.

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
When installing make sure your oil drain isn't clogged or kinked.
If your oil pressure sender isn't in the turbo oil feed line (which is the ideal location) it's a good idea to crack the fitting and crank until you have oil coming out, close it and crank a little more to make sure you have oil pressure in it.
If you don't want to do that I'd put some STP in it and spin it by hand some. Spinning up before there's good oil pressure and hot shutdowns are turbo killers.

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys I'll pm 1of40. Anyone with thoughts as to cleaning out what I imagine is an aluminum intercooler? Acetone??

·
Registered
149 Posts
I usually just use petrol for rinsing out my intercooler....I let it dry well and install. There's usually some oily colour to the petrol upon draining.

:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts