Defender Source Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,561 Posts
I am a believer in the buy once, cry once theory so the price doesn't scare me with the Partner cookers. How long is the hose?
Partner steel will make a custom length hose for you for something like $40. I have a 10 footer i believe in addition to stock one.

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
A buddy got me very drunk and made me buy a dual burner Partner Stove. I was was the best thing I've ever bought while intoxicated. Boils 1 liter of water a minute no problem. IIRC it was $225 shipped.

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
I just got a new 16" Partner Steel stove - was trying to decide between the 16" and 18" versions and learned that the burner spacing was the same on both stoves - there is just an extra inch at each end on the 18" to help support bigger pots. Since its usually just me cooking with an 8" frying pan and a 1 quart backpacking pot the 16" is fine. I actually tried it with a 10" skillet too and there is plenty of room for that. Best part is that the stove will fit in a wolf box along with all of the pots and pans which condenses my load a bit. The old Coleman 22" will go back in the basement and I'll have some more room in the D-90.

·
Registered
289 Posts
We are using that stove on our current trip. Burns fast and hot easy enough to clean. The regulator is a pain. Cuts off and reduces flow more often than we like but we just unplug and it usually rights itself.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,216 Posts
2 burner Coleman white gas all the way.
That said, I also have. 2 burner Coleman propane stove and a handful of ultralight butane backpacking stoves. I still regret selling my MSR Dragonfly, though.
Propane on anything longer than a weekend trip is a pain in the rear. No matter what the propane takes up a lot of space. You're also either constantly buying and trashing new 1lb cylinders, or lugging around empty refillable ones. The thing I like about the white gas stove is that all the fuel can be stored and transported inside the stove itself. Plus I'm pretty sure I could run unleaded if I had to.

·
Premium Member
10,708 Posts
After having a simple two burner stove for years I upgraded to a stove grilll combo. I wheel and camp solo.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts