Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
A Tithonus take out is going to be your best bet as most are low milage rebuilds. From there I'd look at any ex-mod, as they have been well maintained.

You need to call Newman first, but there was a free one in sandy eggo. Do a search.

-Jeff
Newman got it. LOL

·
Premium Member
7,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
damn, that sucks Dro. I'm sure Newman will be to the rescue. To be honest a solid 2.5 with a 1.4 Tcase isn't a bad way to go.
I was hoping it was just the head gasket... Didn't have my hopes up at 190k miles though. :)

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
Yes.....someone looking for Dr. Feelgood?
Got 3 sitting around doing nothing........

·
Premium Member
7,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes.....someone looking for Dr. Feelgood?
Got 3 sitting around doing nothing........
One could be doing something in my truck. :)

Call me later today.

·
Premium Member
13,797 Posts
A Tithonus take out is going to be your best bet as most are low milage rebuilds. From there I'd look at any ex-mod, as they have been well maintained.

You need to call Newman first, but there was a free one in sandy eggo. Do a search.

-Jeff
Newman got that one too. I was there when he closed the deal on it. He's like a kid in a candy store with these damn things.

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just guessing that used 2.5d's have a higher probability of being in good working condition than used 19j's :confused
If Newman likes them, I'm sticking with the man... The Newman

·
Premium Member
2,127 Posts
kind of like pulling a vw engine out of a bug and putting in a weed eater engine
Yes - but a running weed-eater motor is still better than a dead VW engine (AKA anchor)

We did one downgrade for a customer last year with the knowledge that he wanted to have the truck drivable for the least amount of investment while setting aside funds for a 300 conversion this year.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts