Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two of these seats taken from my vehicle (original owner). One (passenger) is in very good condition. The drivers seat however has foam missing from the right hand side of the seat back (see pics). The seat covers both seats are in good condition but the foam in the seat back of the drivers seat would need replacement.

I am located in Southern California (Thousand Oaks). I am offering them for both for $750 plus packaging and shipping. If buyer is in north Orange County I can deliver.

Attachments

·
Registered
383 Posts
Is the foam in the back of the driver seat completely missing (was it removed?), or is the foam compressed from wear?

Regardless, what is involved in replacing the seat back foam? Does it require sewing or skills, or is it pretty straight forward and could be done by a knucklehead like me?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The foam is compressed from wear (it was not removed). I think it dried out over time as I often had to vacuum bits out from under the seat.

I don't know what would be involved to install replacement foam.

Paul

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
I have done a few sets. Easy, get the kits from AB or RN and watch the video, grab a couple beers and get to it. First seat may take a couple hours. Second seat less than an hour, learning curve. Worst part is the adhesive.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I'm interested can you give me a shipping quote to Woodstock, GA 30188? I'm OK with Fastenal which may be the cheapest route.
Thanks,
David

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was trying to gauge your interest level. Are you interested at the advertised price?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts