Defender Source Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for the front and rear factory sway bars. Any or all components appreciated. Looking to use some of the stock components and fabricate longer links to use with a lifted setup. Hoping someone is looking to clear some garage space. Dan

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
I have several sets from RRCs and live only 2-1/2 hours north of you so we most likely wouldn't have to mess with shipping.

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
I have a chassis from a '95 D90 in the yard, (I don't think a '97 is much different if any) just took a pair of sway bars which came off a '95 RRC over to it and checked. The front bar looks to be a perfect fit, mounts and all. There's no front bar on this chassis so I can't check for any difference in the bar itself, but I don't imagine there will be any.
The rear bar is still in place and while it's a little different, I do believe the RRC bar will work in its' place. The mount are indeed a little different, the D90 mounts being noticeably smaller, and the dimensions of the bars appear to be the same. The D90 bar has a jog in the straight portion of the bar possibly to clear something but whatever it is, it's not present on my chassis. Here are a couple quick pics:

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.