Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for the front and rear factory sway bars. Any or all components appreciated. Looking to use some of the stock components and fabricate longer links to use with a lifted setup. Hoping someone is looking to clear some garage space. Dan

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
I have several sets from RRCs and live only 2-1/2 hours north of you so we most likely wouldn't have to mess with shipping.

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Zack and Dan, thank you very much for the offers. Can either of you confirm the sway bars are the same? Links the same? Is the only difference just mounts for the sways? Thanks

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
I have a chassis from a '95 D90 in the yard, (I don't think a '97 is much different if any) just took a pair of sway bars which came off a '95 RRC over to it and checked. The front bar looks to be a perfect fit, mounts and all. There's no front bar on this chassis so I can't check for any difference in the bar itself, but I don't imagine there will be any.
The rear bar is still in place and while it's a little different, I do believe the RRC bar will work in its' place. The mount are indeed a little different, the D90 mounts being noticeably smaller, and the dimensions of the bars appear to be the same. The D90 bar has a jog in the straight portion of the bar possibly to clear something but whatever it is, it's not present on my chassis. Here are a couple quick pics:

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts