Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been working through diagnoses of this issue for quite a while now. Took it to an event October of last year and all was great, drive it occasionally just because I love the damn thing. Got in it a month ago to go exploring for some fishing and couldn't get over 1250 RPM or so and if I floor the pedal it bogs down worse.

I have check for fuel, spark, went ahead with some new plugs and wires just because it needed to be done. Read some post that a bad alternator might be causing some issues so I got mine tested which tested on the bad side for regulator so I went ahead and replaced it. Fuel pump comes on as it should and seems to have good pressure at the fuel rail. Next thing I can think of is the ECM but not sure how to diagnose or if I am headed in the wrong direction. I do have access to another ECM via a dead D1 but didn't want to mess with that until I stuck the problem out there for suggestions. I have had the 90 for 4 years and other than a little lack of power at times it has always run like a top. I have dealt with the check engine light off and on due to the rough road sensors which has a few solutions i haven't dug into including some wiring to the speedo. That is another issue. Ran a code checker on it and only get the rough road sensor fault. I have read where I can put a D1 computer in and reset with the test book but maybe another day.

Thanks for any suggestions or ideas or maybe even a link to a similar post. Most I have found are not on the 97's.

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
Make sure there are no leaks on the big hose from the maf to the air filter housing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't notice any cracks or leaks but after reading another post I need to pull it off and check it completely. Thanks for note. On another thread from back in 2015 the end result/fix was from a broken trigger tab on the flywheel plate. seems crazy and not looking forward to pulling the transfer case and transmission just to check for that possibility.

·
Premium Member
3,594 Posts
Couldn’t you just check through the CPS hole? Did you check fuel pressure while it is actively having the issue such as when driving?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I checked the hose from MAF to intake and all is good with no cracks between MAF and air filter. I have not been able to check fuel pressure when accelerating and can't drive it due to no power. Another simple thing to double check and mark off the list.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts