Defender Source Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for the console insert "tray" that's cut to fit the CD-changer. I'm ditching my changer for an I-pod, and I need an unmolested tray, that I can cut to the exact size of the I-pod.

I've attached a picture of the part I need (circled).

Used is fine...just without the hole for the changer.

Thanks!

Torrence

Attachments

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
Sorry, I do not have a tray for you, but I was wondering how you plan on interfacing the ipod to your stereo. I am thinking about doing the same.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
The Ipod cradle has a line out that you can plug into a line in, if your stereo has that...or you can use the headphone jack on the Ipod...also...easier, but lower quality, they do have an attachable transmitter (only $20 or so)that can be picked up from an FM station, like with some CD-changer.

But...you can get day's worth of music for less than the cost of replacing your changer, and you can use it with your home stereo as well. It's much better than those "music kegs" and MP3 players and such...

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rovers down south only sold all the console accessories as a package--couple of hundred $$$. I understand--they have to.

An ebay referral netted it for me for $15, inclusive of shipping. Used, but good condition.

·
Premium Member
817 Posts
That one on eBay isn't the right one. I went through this myself and the one you'll need to fit the changer has only got a small tub and the rear portion is raised and has the cutout for the face of the changer.

·
Premium Member
817 Posts
Oops

1 - 9 of 9 Posts