Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
a copy of this one just sold on Bringatrailer for $ 97 K

Who knows the second bidder? I can offer him a much better deal I think...hahah

This one left the factory on March 21, 1996. It is now in my storage place in The Netherlands and can be shipped in about three months.

Very, very nice and professionally repainted 110. This car comes from Spain and is totally rust free. The car is all original and never welded.
Brought to full Heritage Edition.

The Good:
  • Overhauled transmission,
  • new clutch,
  • timing belt and full services are done.
  • no rust, not on the frame, not on doors, not on the bulkhead, nowhere
  • 110 K miles, odometer reading
  • Mantec spare wheel carrier
  • Tires almost new
  • seats very nice
  • headliner very nice
  • new carpets all around
  • 9 seater with seat belts all around
  • car runs and drives as you might expect. Everything working and working well.

The Bad:
  • nothing
  • it is not a full bolt and nut restauration

I can deliver AC kit- in the box against extra cost of $ 2,750

Asking $ 57,500.
price includes shipping to the East Coast, not the duties (2,5%) and broker fees (about $ 500)

In the pictures below, parked next to real factory Heritage

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is 100x nicer than that lipstick “heritage” truck that sold on bat.
thanks, and yes I think so too. That one had a lot covered under the body, even rust holes.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I'm sorry. I have a couple of decades under my belt of being diplomatic in my postings... but, it's hard to hold back on the six-figure BaT sale.

The main photo shows windshield wipers way out of alignment. The first warning sign.

Then, there's the second picture that shows rear body mount tabs. Various colors. And silver, not galvanized x-member.

Then, a white bulkhead on a green car.

Then, the classic "rattle can black spray paint" lipstick-on-a-pig "undercoating" job.

So much wrong with that one.

So much right about this one. Johan FTW. Thank you for keeping the Rover world honest by consistently offering reality checks against the unethical and unscrupulous (or totally clueless).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Alpine Element is hilarious. They have cornered the market on reselling ROWs repainted for a big mark up. I’m sad for everyone or their buyers. If they just did 5 mins of research...

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Have to say, in engine room you also see on mine the original white color. Just like on the Bringatrailer one.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Wow! Great truck! That means you can buy this one, bring it to the States and sell it on BaT for a $30k profit 😂🤷🏻‍♂️

GLWS!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Auction fever strikes again. The BAT one was pretty obviously a bodge up by Turkish artistes. The rear wheelwells were upholstered as if someone was going to actually sit on them. Someone asked if there were seat belts for them. Seat belts aren't an issue unless you have a seat to begin with. One thought comes to mind when I see a pic of it: cheap trick. There are better trucks that can be had for half the money.

·
Premium Member
3,879 Posts
Glws— super nice, attractive price!!! Honest seller folks— it’d be hard to make one this nice yourself for the cost...

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Auction fever strikes again. The BAT one was pretty obviously a bodge up by Turkish artistes. The rear wheelwells were upholstered as if someone was going to actually sit on them. Someone asked if there were seat belts for them. Seat belts aren't an issue unless you have a seat to begin with. One thought comes to mind when I see a pic of it: cheap trick. There are better trucks that can be had for half the money.

can give a lot of comments on that one, ( I think this is allowed, as he is not advertising it here...)
rust hole in the rear cross member,
no seatbelts in the back
smushed up the underbody with a thick coating but forgot places where you can see the rust.
originally a 4 cil gas engine, and the 300Tdi engine is put in a weird place, look at the fan 5 inches behind the shroud, not IN the shroud.
steering joint rubbers totally gone

and worse off all, they didn't even take the wheels of the car to paint them.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Really love this one, and I wish that I was in the market to be able to purchase it. Best of luck to the lucky buyer and honest seller.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Good looking truck for sale here. To pull off a Heritage tribute it has to be done really well. When it comes up short, like the BAT truck, it looks a mess. Pretty surprised that the bidders fell so hard for it. There were enough red flags mentioned in the comments to alert them. The "rich, Corinthian leather" must've got them seeing red. That it had No Reserve gives an idea of the seller's expectations.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts