Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sale fell apart still for sale 1995 Range Rover Classic. Béluga black, paint faded. 160k miles, runs and drives. Frame is good for northeast came from Louisiana, little bit of floor work done poorly by Po, wheel wells ok maybe a couple soft spots, body mounts and sills not bad, rear bumper and hatch not great (front and rear bumper end caps in car) Passenger side has a dent on cowl, both doors, and quarter. Comes with rusted but restorable brush bar, roof rack, and front and rear skid plates, has coil springs. Located in southern Maine, has Maine title. Contact me with phone number for more pics. $4000

·
Premium Member
7,467 Posts
Why is this your business? I was scheduled to see one yesterday morning in brunswick for $2k but had a medical emergency so im curious if this is the same one?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why is thisyour business? I was scheduled to see one yesterday morning in brunswick for $2k but had a medical emergency so im curious if this is the same one?
Pretend this is your for sale thread for a second. Lets say it was the one, would you want someone broadcasting in your fs thread about the same truck that was for sale a day earlier for a lot less?

It is the same one btw. You snooze you loose. Next time pm if you’re inclined to be so nosy this is supposed to be a FS thread not a place for commentary.

·
Premium Member
11,913 Posts
So you bought it yesterday, and listed it here without even removing it from your trailer for three times as much and are pissed you were called out?

You are trying to sell to people who are trolling for deals just like you. Wrong audience.

Maybe wait a week and try BAT.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
So you bought it yesterday, and listed it here without even removing it from your trailer for three times as much and are pissed you were called out?

You are trying to sell to people who are trolling for deals just like you. Wrong audience.

Maybe wait a week and try BAT.
Pissed is a little strong, more like an eye roll. Also it’s closer to market price now than it was yesterday. I don’t use this site often enough to know the crowd tho tbh. I guess lesson learned.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Dude just give it some body work and auction it out to some suckers for real cash. Worked out real good with my LWB

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Flipper posts obvious flip on enthusiast site and gets mad for being called a flipper, hahahahaha.
I think mad is an overstatement, more like miffed. Regardless of this being an enthusiast site I personally wouldn’t call out someone else, especially someone local in a fs ad, unless the person was misrepresenting the vehicle. I’m an enthusiast just as much as the next guy here. So what if it’s a flip thats just business and the vehicle is priced well within market prices. Calling me out is a little catty and unnecessary and if the person was so curious a pm would have sufficed. Fortunately the vehicles are leaving soon to a good home and I will continue to market the occasional good score here to other enthusiasts, only with the assumption that for every buyer there are 100 people more inclined to provide unnecessary background noise.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
See thats the difference between some of us "locals".. I recently picked up a rust free d1 with 95k original miles for $600.. ran and drove great. Ended up giving it to a respected member of the Maine rover community because his trail rig had rusted out. Would of been an easy flip but plenty of us "local" rover guys look after each other. 3 guys had texted that listing to me when it first appeared. Any one of them could of snagged it. Just because you might look at every "score" as a chance to make a buck doesnt mean all of us up here do.
Lost in this is the few locals i do know I offered these trucks to without expectation they’d pay market price. They weren’t interested. I’ve also looked at a few local enthusiasts trucks for sale and they weren’t giving them away. I’m not sitting in my lair all day trying to snipe every cheap Rover in the area. I do occasionally look for deals like everyone else and for that I’m not ashamed, even if my intention is to resell. Anyway let’s get coffee some time and laugh about this, I could use some more local enthusiast friends, just don’t expect any deals from me until my fiance’s student loans are paid off 🤣

1 - 14 of 14 Posts