Defender Source Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,553 Posts
Looks like urban offroad. Copy of sd design.
Yeah, looks like Urban Offroad to me, too. They did a pretty good job with them, but there are some main differences - the Urban Offroad ones are not as tall, and you'll notice that the upper portion of the basket actually sits further out than the rest of the rack. With the OEM racks, the upper portion was "tucked in" a little from the verticals, which curved back in a little. The Urban Offroad ones are easiest to spot by looking at the top corners that stick out further than the rest of the rack. Compare to the original rack, here:

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40969

·
Premium Member
12,023 Posts
Price is about the same and height is super close between the two.

The sd one isn't made anymore so you have the challenge of finding one.

Personally on a soft top unless I planned to really use it I would never add one of these. I recently saw one on a blue soft top and it seemed like a complete pain. It makes putting the soft top on a nightmare and parking is a huge challenge. Not to mention more road noise.

Anyway if you are going to use it to camp and carry **** go for it but drilling those holes in the truck just for the look of it you might regret.

·
Premium Member
2,974 Posts
Price is about the same and height is super close between the two.

The sd one isn't made anymore so you have the challenge of finding one.

Personally on a soft top unless I planned to really use it I would never add one of these. I recently saw one on a blue soft top and it seemed like a complete pain. It makes putting the soft top on a nightmare and parking is a huge challenge. Not to mention more road noise.

Anyway if you are going to use it to camp and carry **** go for it but drilling those holes in the truck just for the look of it you might regret.
Yeah camping is the only reason, I am never going to carry any other **** up there. You make a good point though, drilling those holes I would regret. Might just look at a trailer option instead.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts