· Premium Member
16,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Test.

Attachments

· Premium Member
1,136 Posts
Awj0117 said:
Where did you get the spare tire carrier?
It's a old safari Guard unit, I have the same one. Not a bad unit.

Ed

· Premium Member
148 Posts
hi,

Thanks for all your help as of late. Quickly, can you recommend a front bumper that maybe comes complete with a winch plate and winch? Or can I put a winch easily on my existing stock 94 land rover defender? Currently I have two fog lights there which might have to be moved but just wondering.

· Premium Member
2,208 Posts
how do you like the 4.2? Is it rated at 200BHP? I was told I should consider installing a 4.2 to replace my 3.5, so I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on it!

· Premium Member
2,208 Posts

· Premium Member
3,483 Posts
Is there a thread that points to the differences between the blocks and why one is more reliable than the other? Just asking as I am in a slow search for a RRC or D1/D2 for my daughter.
The liners in the blocks for 03/04 Discos can slip which causes a knocking noise at idle. We have a bunch of customers with knocking motors that come to the dealership that have been that way for years with no ill effects. I wouldn't be too worried about it. A bosche block will have studs for the crank sensor.

· Premium Member
4,632 Posts
A bosche block will have studs for the crank sensor.
I used a Gems block for my D2 4.6--we just welded it in.

Having said that, I didnt find the 4.6 to be all that great lugging a heavy-ass D2 around.
My 4.2 Loob was a lot peppier and my 3.9 Hunter with 4.11 gearing are more than adequate.
A well tuned 3.9 or 4.2 is pretty good.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.