Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lots of interest from prior thread in the mid 30s, but nobody who can commit.
First $30k cash offer takes it.

Truck is located in Boulder, CO.
VIN: SALDV2285RA933927
131,6xx mi on ODO
Defender 90 Plate stamp #2 (!!!)
Has a salvage/rebuild title. Was rolled on a trail ride back in winter '04-'05. Previous owner's recounting of the incident and Carfax are attached below.

Defender is in excellent running order: frame, axles, and body are all straight. Does not pull under heavy acceleration/braking or sway or wander at highway speed. 4Hi/4Lo and Diff Lock all shift and engage well. All 5 gears and rev shift and run smoothly.

Brakes are good, tires have decent tread depth, trans has a brand new clutch installed May of this year. Engine top end work completed in 2007, <9000 miles driven since. Some normal, minimal oil seepage but nothing I'd call a 'leak'. I daily drive a DII for a reference point there.

Rust issues are minimal. Tailgate totally clear of rust. Frame and underbody totally clear. One small hole developing in driver's floor where it connects to bulkhead. Bulkhead itself totally clear. Some minor rust developing in corner of each door but bottoms mostly clear of rust.

Soft top from Rovers North installed 2016. Bestop rear seat (forward facing) installed similar time. Kenwood stereo with aftermarket speakers in all four corners and a big sub/amp between front and rear row. iPhone/aux connections - it's loud. Front seats in ok shape. OEM rubber floormats up front and carpet in the rear. Tuffy center console lockbox with cupholders behind and a flip-open door to hide/protect stereo.

Immediate needs:
Some bulbs here and there
Door locks prone to getting stuck
As of last week, the heater blower has stopped engaging. AC works but it's December in CO brrr. Heater was blowing fine but now won't engage. Got enough projects on my own- this is the new owner's responsibility now.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Description of incident and Carfax:

Here's the summary of the damage from my recollection (though my buddies behind me in the Jeep got a better show), I hit a boulder that was about 3-4ft in diameter with the front left corner and the truck pivoted up and over the boulder. The truck rolled onto thel roll-cage by top left of the windshield on drivers side and then also on the back left before coming to rest on the wheels. Roll cage was shifted to the passenger side by a couple inches which came into contact with the windshield frame which shifted and cracked the windshield. The front left wing/headlight assembly and brush bar was crushed along with the front grill. When the truck came to a rest on the wheels and engine still ran fine, but radiator was busted so only cranked to verify it ran and then didn't run any longer to avoid overheating. I clearly remember when the dust settled there were Cheetos everywhere inside the truck and I also had a very shaken passenger.

Original estimate for damage was $16k for most of what I described above and work was scheduled to begin on the truck, but as soon as the body shop started pulling things apart, damage to the suspension was found and insurance wrote-off the vehicle at that time.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,518 Posts
Whoa! That was fast! Nice truck. Shows a title blemish doesn't really matter much on these anymore. The Bestop rear bench looks great.

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
I know this is a long shot, but I live right outside of Boulder in Erie, I'll take the truck if anything falls through... I regret selling my Arles a couple of years ago... I regret it every day ...

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
I know this is a long shot, but I live right outside of Boulder in Erie, I'll take the truck if anything falls through... I regret selling my Arles a couple of years ago... I regret it every day ...
I sold mine YEARS ago and I 100% agree with your comment.

what is it about Arles that instills such regret?

Good luck finding another and if you see #444 holler at me - I miss her every day :)

·
Registered
1,030 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Interesting. I like the Arles soft top a whole lot more than what it turned in to.

·
Premium Member
2,518 Posts
I wonder why they think they can get away with installing an actual Puma engine into it. I think if you did that it would be best not to tell anyone. When you make these illegal builds I think it's asking for trouble, like that other RoW spec 110 with a NAS 90 VIN. The feds might interpret them as an illegally imported 110 with a swapped VIN.

·
Premium Member
4,756 Posts
Interesting. I like the Arles soft top a whole lot more than what it turned in to.
Totally. I think the Arles Blue ST’s were only ‘94 as well. And In this day and age an NAS even with a salvage title is worth a lot. Why build something off an 90 NAS vin where as a ROW base would seem a lot cheaper and better start (110 SW and diesel classification already).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
327 Posts
They were only 94’. I’ll never understand why anyone would do this to an NAS 90’ but I’m a purist, for the most part, so I guess I’m in the minority? I get they were made with cheap parts. I love the series defender billet aluminum, small
Upgrades but keep the original look. I just don’t get a complete abomination of what was perfectionism to begin with. And yes that’s my 19 year old self talking. Funny how I’m 43 and still hold that same opinion.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts