Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1994 NAS AC For Sale
Blower and evaporator are included, as is everything else pictured. There is no condenser (90.00)

It was clamped to the dash/bulkhead just to take the pics. Bulkhead, etc not for sale.
I do have the vent that's missing in the picture. Was fully operational when removed. Good condition considering age.

Let's start it at $1,450 plus shipping. Sound reasonable?

Attachments

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Jim. I didn't know it was Elite. This was pulled from a 94 NAS but I guess it was aftermarket unit.

·
Registered
382 Posts
will this same unit fit the defender 110 or defender 130?
what parts are missing from this unit or what parts are needed to complete this setup for it to work properly?
i just want to see how much more parts i need and how much extra costs in parts do i need to complete this setup?
my defender doesn't have any air-conditioning parts at all. zero...
please advise
edmond.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm told a condenser ($90) is what you need.

As for fitment, I am not a mechanic, nor do I possess the knowledge/experience to answer, but I believe these all fit 110/90's the same. The difference would be in engine type, possibly. This came from a V8 NAS. Although I'm not sure what, if any mods would be required if fitting to a 2.5 or 200/300 TDI, I'm guessing the only other thing you'd need was the engine specific compressor/bracket. These can be purchased or fabricated for cheap.

Maybe ask whoever you intend to do the installation, or a more knowledgable board member.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
AC

FYI Elite isnt aftermarket.

Where is the compressor? You have a source for a defender condensor for $90 ?
Yes- as far as I know, whoever buys it will need an engine specific compressor/bracket and condenser. Doug you would know more, so I'll defer if there's more to it than that.

I was told by a board member a condenser could be had for around $90 although I don't have a source. I see they start more in the $250 range when I checked them out this morning at the usual places.

Doug- do you happen to know the answer to the question asked re: fitting to a 300 TDI?

Thx!

·
Premium Member
10,291 Posts
PM sent

1 - 10 of 10 Posts