Defender Source Forum banner

101 - 120 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
1994 defender CDN NAS
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
I wouldn't think so, most of their cars are in the six figure range. Happy Canada Day!!
Happy Canada Day right back at you my man,hope your staying safe during these crazy times......the boys down at legendary were quite keen to get the Landy.........someone will end up with a great example when they park her in their garage.....

·
Registered
673 Posts
If it's on consignment, even the most reputable dealers will take a car that looks good from 10', as yours clearly does.

If it was bought wholesale, sight-unseen, then once they see the frame in person they will learn that corrective measures need to be taken before top dollar can be had... and that's just what can be seen from a quick look underneath.

I'm not looking to disparage your former (current?) Defender. It's just that this site operates best on transparency - and since it attracts persons unfamiliar with Land Rovers that 'always wanted a Defender,' it's only fair that they know how insidious corrosion is on these vehicles and how expensive it is to correct after taking delivery. I learned this lesson 30 years ago when the chassis on mine split on the lift (it had been bondo'd and painted black to mask its condition) and see history repeating itself almost daily for other buyers - just google BaT and Ebay results, or search this site for horror stories. I asked for the necessary photos to determine whether this was a car for me - and to your credit, you provided several clear images that led me to conclude that this particular Defender has extensive suspension, hardware, and chassis corrosion. Perpetuating the myth of its condition on this thread - or advancing a blanket theory that Legendary, or any other retailer wouldn't touch a Land Rover with a hint of corrosion - seems to undermine your candor. I've seen plenty, in person, at Copley, Eurocar, Aventura, etc. that have rust and are priced far higher than the private sale market. The adage, "you get what you pay for" just doesn't apply... and buyers need to have PPIs done by an independent before writing a 5 or 6 figure check to Legendary or anyone else. Again, your price was fair for what it is: what many regard as the best color, with low miles, and highly original without a lot of 'kit.' It'll be interesting to see (if they ever post) what Legendary's ask is.

Perhaps post the chassis pix to this thread if I'm mistaken?

·
Registered
1994 defender CDN NAS
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Well bud,I appreciate your concern for everyone...that being said,I have been completely transparent and honest throughout this crazy thread....the chassis on that defender was in great condition,no repairs or rot were noted or seen when it was inspected.....yes there was surface rust,but no rot by far(my 2015 f350 has way more surface rust and is far from rotten....that’s just living in the north)........good luck in your search for your perfect Landy my man and have a good 4th of July coming up......

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sold?

View attachment 443143 View attachment 443144 View attachment 443145 View attachment 443146 View attachment 443147 View attachment 443148 View attachment 443149 View attachment 443150 View attachment 443151 View attachment 443152
Original paint,never modified,maintenance records from new,first generation Land Rover soft top in original bags,original mud terrain t/a spare,original Italian made jack....I got it from an 81 year old math professor who owned it for 19 years.....he said he never took it off road,never on the freeway,never driven in the rain and it never saw snow......I have no reason to doubt him.....these people were Uber religious ......when he opened the garage I couldn’t believe my eyes ?.......the only non original parts are the tires(which are proper BF Goodrich replacements),the oil and filters......everything else is how Mrs Land Rover sent her over the pond......asking 57500 usd,.....delivery available to any border crossing from Quebec to Alberta

·
Registered
673 Posts
So very confused... first it's sold, then inquiries about whether it is/was on consignment get ignored, now random unregistered pix scattered about.

Maybe it would help to sell if this high-end retailer posted it to their inventory? That is, if they are actually affiliated with the Defender at all... serious question: is BlackRangie is a past pseudonym?

·
Premium Member
11,879 Posts
So very confused... first it's sold, then inquiries about whether it is/was on consignment get ignored, now random unregistered pix scattered about.

Maybe it would help to sell if this high-end retailer posted it to their inventory? That is, if they are actually affiliated with the Defender at all... serious question: is BlackRangie is a past pseudonym?
Cut him some slack. When he listed it, there was 27 feet of snow outside so you couldn’t go see it. Now the border is closed. He just can’t catch a break. Soon it will be winter again.

·
Registered
673 Posts
It's the cryptic responses that are irksome.. we can't get a straight answer, a la BlackRangie.

This site operates best on transparency and is why Land Rovers sell here with strong results... not so with this listing.

·
Premium Member
11,879 Posts
It's the cryptic responses that are irksome.. we can't get a straight answer, a la BlackRangie.

This site operates best on transparency and is why Land Rovers sell here with strong results... not so with this listing.
I always thought it was a scam.

101 - 120 of 135 Posts