Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
1994 defender CDN NAS
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Original paint,never modified,maintenance records from new,first generation Land Rover soft top in original bags,original mud terrain t/a spare,original Italian made jack....I got it from an 81 year old math professor who owned it for 19 years.....he said he never took it off road,never on the freeway,never driven in the rain and it never saw snow......I have no reason to doubt him.....these people were Uber religious ......when he opened the garage I couldn’t believe my eyes ?.......the only non original parts are the tires(which are proper BF Goodrich replacements),the oil and filters......everything else is how Mrs Land Rover sent her over the pond......asking 57500 usd,.....delivery available to any border crossing from Quebec to Alberta

·
Registered
570 Posts
how much rust on under carriage/cross member? how does she start/run? photo of engine compartment? thanks

·
Registered
1994 defender CDN NAS
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is zero undercarriage rust and yes of course it runs.....it’s currently in storage and I’m unable to get undercarriage pics at this time.....

·
Premium Member
11,880 Posts
Not saying this guys a scammer but about a year ago I saw an Arles blue 90 in Canada for sale and the story was very similar.

Owner said they couldn’t provide additional photos as the truck was in storage. Also said he had broken both legs and couldn’t take pics.

Tread lightly as this guys a new member on here and NAS-ROW.

·
Registered
1994 defender CDN NAS
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well bud,this is no scam....it’s the real deal!!!.....and your right,the guy I got it from had serious leg issues....it was actually his fathers d90,who was 81 and a math professor.....I contacted him when he posted it in the Toronto area and cold called him a year later......we made a deal and it now sits in my storage facility in moonbeam........we’re currently snowed in(check the weather up here).....for the record my dogs name is Zbiniew......my name is Shawn ...,,it has a clean Ontario title in my name and will pass an Ontario safety check in a heartbeat ? any other questions bud?

·
Registered
1994 defender CDN NAS
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not saying this guys a scammer but about a year ago I saw an Arles blue 90 in Canada for sale and the story was very similar.

Owner said they couldn’t provide additional photos as the truck was in storage. Also said he had broken both legs and couldn’t take pics.

Tread lightly as this guys a new member on here and NAS-ROW.
Well bud,this is no scam....it’s the real deal!!!.....and your right,the guy I got it from had serious leg issues....it was actually his fathers d90,who was 81 and a math professor.....I contacted him when he posted it in the Toronto area and cold called him a year later......we made a deal and it now sits in my storage facility in moonbeam........we’re currently snowed in(check the weather up here).....for the record my dogs name is Zbiniew......my name is Shawn ...,,it has a clean Ontario title in my name and will pass an Ontario safety check in a heartbeat ? any other questions bud?

·
Registered
1994 defender CDN NAS
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks my man,when the guy opened up the tiny little garage it was in,I couldn’t believe it!!!......needless to say,I couldn’t get it on my trailer fast enough.......when I got home I realized that it was way to clean and original to drive up here and ruin on our shitty roads,......I’d hate to be the guy to screw up such a pristine example.......cheers

·
Premium Member
2,890 Posts
Anyone in or around the area this truck is for sale to see in person? I would assume seller has no problem with showing the truck to an interested party or having a pre-purchase inspection...?

·
Registered
1994 defender CDN NAS
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Anyone in or around the area this truck is for sale to see in person? I would assume seller has no problem with showing the truck to an interested party or having a pre-purchase inspection...?
I have no problem showing it in person, it’s as advertised.....as I’ve stated before,it’s snowed in at our storage facility, we are planning on getting her out soon for some better undercarriage pics and a video of her running,many things need to be moved around to access her at the moment .....I also have health issues so I need to work around my sons busy schedule.....perhaps I posted her a bit to early.........Google moonbeam Ontario.....once I can get a hundred or so pics and a video,she’s going on Bat tho?

·
Registered
1994 defender CDN NAS
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have no problem showing it in person, it’s as advertised.....as I’ve stated before,it’s snowed in at our storage facility, we are planning on getting her out soon for some better undercarriage pics and a video of her running,many things need to be moved around to access her at the moment .....I also have health issues so I need to work around my sons busy schedule.....perhaps I posted her a bit to early.........Google moonbeam Ontario.....once I can get a hundred or so pics and a video,she’s going on Bat tho?
Whenever I give directions to my place I always start with”its 10min from hell and 2 minutes from the swamp”......this place is pretty remote for most,so that’s why I advertised it here and NAS ROW first......cheers
Shawn

·
Registered
1994 defender CDN NAS
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Whenever I give directions to my place I always start with”its 10min from hell and 2 minutes from the swamp”......this place is pretty remote for most,so that’s why I advertised it here and NAS ROW first......cheers
Shawn
That was yesterday

·
Premium Member
11,880 Posts
Please this is the same scam.

So the guy I talked to had health issues and now the buyer who is looking to flip also has health issues.

This truck is never going on BAT as this isn’t the real owner.

Please no one send money unless you have eyes on the truck.

Awfully convenient it’s being stored in a Siberian storage facility.

Would love to be proven wrong but not holding my breath.

·
Premium Member
2,890 Posts
So if I wanted to buy this today, it’s really not even possible.

I’ll offer 50k and meet you at the border in Buffalo, NY. Let me know when you can meet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 136 Posts